Age of Wesnoth Players

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

How old are you?

12-15
18%
16-19
22%
20-23
18%
24-27
17%
28-31
10%
32-35
6%
36-39
5%
40+
5%

Total votes: 730

SkyOne

Re: Age of Wesnoth Players

Post by SkyOne »

doofus-01 wrote:
SkyOne wrote:we should probably add something like 40-44, 45-49, 50-59, and 60+ ..., shouldn't we ?
Why would we want to do that? 40 is sooo old! Most of those geezers are probably too feeble to turn on a computer, if they even knew what one was. They certainly don't get the hip youth culture of Wesnoth. Can't touch this. 8)
Aah.. It is hard to response to this comment because doofus-01 is joking. The players you are saying are 80 years old, not 40. (and you are not young enough to comment them, aren't you? :) )

I actually just post an idea to make older players comfortable to play by following what Dave said here: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 98#p122798

I know what I said is not necessary. What I want to say is that the importance is not the ages. How much love Wesnoth and this community. Those are much more important than each one's age to develop this game.:P
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

doofus-01 wrote:
SkyOne wrote:we should probably add something like 40-44, 45-49, 50-59, and 60+ ..., shouldn't we ?
Why would we want to do that? 40 is sooo old! Most of those geezers are probably too feeble to turn on a computer, if they even knew what one was. They certainly don't get the hip youth culture of Wesnoth. Can't touch this. 8)
:lol2: :mrgreen:
However, there is a concrete reason to not do this: if options in a poll are changed, all votes will be resetted. So, the only way to add such options will be to lock this thread and make a new one with the new options.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
friar tuck

Post by friar tuck »

doofus-01 wrote:Why would we want to do that? 40 is sooo old! Most of those geezers are probably too feeble to turn on a computer, if they even knew what one was. They certainly don't get the hip youth culture of Wesnoth. Can't touch this. 8)
See, that's exactly what I was thinking. I'm waiting for it to start any minute now... :whistle:
powershot

Post by powershot »

Funny, I'm one year older than when I voted. Guess that leaves me in category one though. *sigh*

I support the new thread idea.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Elvish_Hunter wrote:However, there is a concrete reason to not do this: if options in a poll are changed, all votes will be resetted. So, the only way to add such options will be to lock this thread and make a new one with the new options.
Ah, okay. Thanks.
Making a new thread is not a bad idea because no-one gets younger in his/her age. But this is one of the oldest threads that is still alive, and Dave started. So I think we should keep it. I personally don't mind at all.

You laughed too much though. 8)

(edited later to add words)
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
perseo

Post by perseo »

Well I entered here coz I'm so bored after my exams period (If I have nothing to study I don't know what to do with my time) and I was expecting find some interesting facts about the age of people (famous people in Wesnoth I mean) XD. But after reading tons of answers I'm very dissapointed... :lol2:
I'm 17 even when my level of english make me seem that I have a mental age of 8 and I started playing Wesnoth with 13 (maybe 14, maybe 12 I can't remember coz I was too fickle) but I didn't enjoyed it a lot coz I couldn't ask anyone in the forums (I didn't ever triedit coz I was very very unsure abut my english, now I know I did well) and I didn't understand most of the things that weren't translated. That's what (by the way) I think that translation is important.
¡Salud!
"I was pulling a barrow, when I saw a stalking horse
what a beautiful day!- he said- for visiting a red herring
and getting hoarse."
Working on this campaign: The septentrional tower