You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Locked
User avatar
TheMasterOfBattle
Posts: 161
Joined: October 24th, 2008, 1:13 pm
Location: My War Council

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by TheMasterOfBattle » February 21st, 2009, 7:15 pm

987: You find it interesting that 986 is true.

User avatar
A Guy
Posts: 790
Joined: May 24th, 2008, 1:55 am

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by A Guy » February 21st, 2009, 7:40 pm

When you hear that a 2-year-old child has died from ingesting poison, and instead of feeling sad, all you can think about is reporting the bug to the developers.
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.

User avatar
DEATH_is_undead
Posts: 960
Joined: March 4th, 2007, 3:00 pm
Location: Northern United States

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by DEATH_is_undead » February 21st, 2009, 7:42 pm

989: You find that your Wesnoth Map Editor is open more then your actual Wesnoth Program, even though it takes longer to test a map then it does to make one (imo)
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.

User avatar
TheMasterOfBattle
Posts: 161
Joined: October 24th, 2008, 1:13 pm
Location: My War Council

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by TheMasterOfBattle » February 21st, 2009, 8:08 pm

990: Reason 989 applies to you.

User avatar
Turuk
Sithslayer
Posts: 5283
Joined: February 28th, 2007, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by Turuk » February 21st, 2009, 8:14 pm

You are beginning to think that counting reasons that apply to you as actual reasons seems a bit shady, and should not be used anymore.


(Do not count this as a reason either.)
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time

Braxton
Posts: 11
Joined: January 5th, 2009, 2:35 am

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by Braxton » February 21st, 2009, 9:01 pm

991: You get a surgery to look like your favorite Character
992: You Have Li'sar posters all over you parents basement walls.
993: You Don't go walking at night because you are 20% weaker
994: Try to make the scepter of fire.
995: You find out your scepter of fire actually works
996: You say " T this is AWSOM"
997: You come here to tell your freinds
998: you realize you are dreaming.
999: Then go see a Psychotherapist
1000: Declare it is a holoday when you make the 1000'th post on this thread.




I DID IT YAAAAAAY


Smiley exterminators. Coming soon to a store near you.

User avatar
JW
Posts: 5046
Joined: November 10th, 2005, 7:06 am
Location: Chicago-ish, Illinois

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by JW » February 21st, 2009, 9:01 pm

TheMasterOfBattle wrote:977. You wonder how on earth the situation that arose in reason 976 could ever happen.
TheMasterOfBattle wrote:987: You find it interesting that 986 is true.
TheMasterOfBattle wrote:990: Reason 989 applies to you.
Um....you aren't really adding any reasons....

User avatar
Turuk
Sithslayer
Posts: 5283
Joined: February 28th, 2007, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by Turuk » February 21st, 2009, 9:13 pm

Braxton wrote:991: You get a surgery to look like your favorite Character
992: You Have Li'sar posters all over you parents basement walls.
993: You Don't go walking at night because you are 20% weaker
994: Try to make the scepter of fire. (Stated before)
995: You find out your scepter of fire actually works (Stated before)
996: You say " T this is AWSOM" (Not a valid reason)
997: You come here to tell your freinds (Not a valid reason)
998: you realize you are dreaming. (Continuation of a not valid reason)
999: Then go see a Psychotherapist (Same as above)
1000: Declare it is a holoday when you make the 1000'th post on this thread. (Nope)

For the sake of trying to make 1000 important, start your counting at 992. Giving credit to Braxton for his first three and taking two from TheMasterofBattle since they are not reasons at all.


You may feel free to not pay attention to this at all, but I'm only speaking in the interest of making the 1000th reason legitimate.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time

User avatar
A Guy
Posts: 790
Joined: May 24th, 2008, 1:55 am

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by A Guy » February 21st, 2009, 9:25 pm

993: When you wonder where you can find the WML used to make all the campaigns in Halo.
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.

User avatar
DEATH_is_undead
Posts: 960
Joined: March 4th, 2007, 3:00 pm
Location: Northern United States

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by DEATH_is_undead » February 21st, 2009, 9:38 pm

A Guy wrote:993: When you wonder where you can find the WML used to make all the campaigns in Halo.
You try and find the Userdata Folder, of course.

Edit: don't count this.
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.

User avatar
Ranger M
Art Contributor
Posts: 1965
Joined: December 8th, 2005, 9:13 pm
Location: England

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by Ranger M » February 21st, 2009, 10:04 pm

994: you understand the importance of the fact that this thread is approaching critical mass
995: you've been watching this thread long enough to have a rough idea of who is going to be watching this thread like a hawk for the 999th post

also, I vote that you shouldn't be allowed to post the 999th and the 1000th post (to make things more interesting)

User avatar
DEATH_is_undead
Posts: 960
Joined: March 4th, 2007, 3:00 pm
Location: Northern United States

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by DEATH_is_undead » February 21st, 2009, 11:09 pm

Ranger M wrote: also, I vote that you shouldn't be allowed to post the 999th and the 1000th post (to make things more interesting)
Agreed, it'll just lead to more spam.
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.

Braxton
Posts: 11
Joined: January 5th, 2009, 2:35 am

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by Braxton » February 21st, 2009, 11:12 pm

996: You suggest to construction workers that instead of jackhammers they use the hammer of Thursang
997: You install a computer in you bathroom to play while your bathing.
998: You start to create Wesnoth the musical
999: On your personal website, having blog on your progress through the campaign

1000: You create a fan page for Delfador

User avatar
DEATH_is_undead
Posts: 960
Joined: March 4th, 2007, 3:00 pm
Location: Northern United States

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by DEATH_is_undead » February 21st, 2009, 11:14 pm

Braxton wrote: 997: You install a computer in you bathroom to play while your bathing.
999: On your personal website, having blog on your progress through the campaign
1000: You create a fan page for Delfador
These should not count, seeing as there either impossible, or have been done multiple times.
And 1000 and 999 are pretty much the same thing. :-)
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.

User avatar
Turuk
Sithslayer
Posts: 5283
Joined: February 28th, 2007, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by Turuk » February 21st, 2009, 11:21 pm

DEATH_is_undead wrote:
Braxton wrote: 997: You install a computer in you bathroom to play while your bathing.
999: On your personal website, having blog on your progress through the campaign.
1000:You create a fan page for Delfador
These should not count, seeing as there either impossible, or have been done multiple times.
And 1000 and 999 are pretty much the same thing. :-)

I leave it up to the users to decide whether or not those oft-repeated entries are valid. I am trying not to interfere or dictate, only suggest.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time

Locked