You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Almindor

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by Almindor »

Not sure if someone didn't mention something similar yet but here goes (real thing too):

You play Wesnoth for a few hours (big MP match) then go to sleep only to find out that when you close your eyes, you see shiny hexagons and unit life indicators. It fades in some time tho :) (yeah I should probably lower the contrast)
Col Lightbeam

Post by Col Lightbeam »

852? Has this been said? You hear about World of Warcraft and say " Too bad you can't have half a million HP or be able to level up almost unlimited times" (Defend your castle) hehe :lol2:
Mix Era Of Magic, Era of Myths, and Extended Era and you get all my favorite teams on one group! and ULTIMATE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also in the programming industry... later.
Peter the Great

Post by Peter the Great »

853 You get so unlucky that you accidentally refer to "Murphy's law" as the "RNG"
Latin:LVDVMAMISI (pronounced Loo-dum amee-C)
French: J'ai perdu le jeu.
English: I lost the game.
claudya

Post by claudya »

854: You spot a bottle of Sauerkirsch-Wodka (= sour cherry vodka) and at the first glance you read "Saurian Wodka" :augh:
TheMasterOfBattle

Post by TheMasterOfBattle »

855. You complain to the makers of Sauerkirsch-Wodka about how they could harm cute and cuddly saurians to make a beverage.
Mica

Post by Mica »

856. In real life, you commonly refer to luck as a mysterious "RNG" in which you must explain to your friends and family what that is.
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

panzervb wrote:847. You named an atomic bomber a "Lich", after the unit in Wesnoth.
848. You realised that the name "Lich" sounds like "Lick" and unoriginal and you call it "Liche". (True)
857: You remember that it is pronounced litch because you looked it up on dictionary.com and heard the pronounciation

858: Someone thinks that because they have been playing too much adventure quest instead of wesnoth
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
La_vie_en_Wose
Translator

Post by La_vie_en_Wose »

859. You're a japanese fast-food owner and you recruit a berseeker to get sushis made quicker.
If you really hate stupid people, get a girlfriend.
Zaphod

Post by Zaphod »

860: When you're diagnosed with pneumonia, your first thought is "Awesome! More Wesnoth!"
happened to me. :lol2:
I shall take this potato chip... and eat it!!
A Guy

Post by A Guy »

861: When you run Disk Cleanup, and instead of the usual process, it says "So you want to clear up disk space, eh? Well, how about REMOVING ALL OF THOSE THOUSANDS OF SAVES AND REPLAYS THAT YOU WILL PROBABLY NOT EVER USE AGAIN IN YOUR LIFE, FIRST? When you do that, THEN you can talk to me about clearing up disk space."
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

862: When you tend to know people by their avatars, and after 36 hours with no sleep, you see this thread and blurrily wonder why Thanatos is talking to himself. Then you realize Thanatos and A Guy were having a discussion.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Peter the Great

Post by Peter the Great »

Turuk wrote:862: When you tend to know people by their avatars, and after 36 hours with no sleep, you see this thread and blurrily wonder why Thanatos is talking to himself. Then you realize Thanatos and A Guy were having a discussion.
With all seriousness I thought that was the reason for avatars, so that you could tell who is talking without even looking at the name.
Latin:LVDVMAMISI (pronounced Loo-dum amee-C)
French: J'ai perdu le jeu.
English: I lost the game.
DEATH_is_undead

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

863: You look for someones avatar in MP, hoping to know who it by first glance, realizing you are in-game, not on the forums.
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
Thanatos

Post by Thanatos »

Turuk wrote:862: When you tend to know people by their avatars, and after 36 hours with no sleep, you see this thread and blurrily wonder why Thanatos is talking to himself. Then you realize Thanatos and A Guy were having a discussion.
:lol2:

I really really like this one.

/edit: changed avatar to avoid confusion in the future ;)
/btw: If anyone knows, where my new avatar has its origins, I would be glad to hear it.
ThanatoNoth | Necromanteion | Undead Rights Protection Society
"The gods can demand nothing of me. Even gods answer to me, eventually. [...] I cannot be bidden, I cannot be forced. I will do only that which I know to be right." (Death in Pratchett's "Mort")
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

864: You laptop suddenly runs out of power. You think the world has ended!!!
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!