You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

305. You double, triple or quadruple post in a BFW forum thread.
(Drake, better change your posting habits) ;)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
theotherhiveking

Post by theotherhiveking »

306 you die because the age,
Join the dark side.....- We have cookies. COOKIES!! COOKIES MAN!!!! JOIN!!!
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Me didn't get it. :?
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
toni

Post by toni »

303. You "revive" this thread. (after 3 whole days)
i revived this thread after 7 days and it's not a reason it's spam, anyway :annoyed:
(my opinion)
aka mysticspiral
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

307. You get annoyed when people post something that is already in the list, because you know the list by heart.

308. You dread not being able to use a computer for weeks, because you can't play wesnoth.

309. You revert to reviewing save-games in your head.

on a more serious note,
I. people (toni included) please don't make ill-considered, un-thought-out posts here.
II. Try and keep it to the topic :) Also, make sure your reason is new (even if it means you have to read through quickly--another reason to not have posts without substance

III.remember to number reasons, to facilitate numbering
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
toni

Post by toni »

Thrawn wrote:307. You get annoyed when people post something that is already in the
on a more serious note,
I. people (toni included) please don't make ill-considered, un-thought-out posts here.
II. Try and keep it to the topic :) Also, make sure your reason is new (even if it means you have to read through quickly--another reason to not have posts without substance

III.remember to number reasons, to facilitate numbering
i just don't like "reasons" which are not funny or which are not a really reason :P
there are many reasons which are spam. and there are reasons which were already said. i just want people (drake bladermaster included :)) to post reason which are funny or true.

is this a reason why i've been playing wesnoth too long??? :roll:
310.you "revive" this thread after 8 whole hours
no, it's rubbish :evil:
aka mysticspiral
lee1026

Post by lee1026 »

311: When you are furiously going though the codebase to find how the RNG is rigged agaist you..
gabe

Post by gabe »

312 = You get upset when you run out of t-shirts
happy timezone traveler
jonadab

Post by jonadab »

313. When explaining to a young child about the dangers of crossing the street, you mention the poor defense pedestrians get on road terrain, the fact that cars have a very powerful charge attack, or the need to make sure you have enough movement points to get all the way across before any cars arrive.
I write Bible School materials:
http://bibleschoolmaterials.blogspot.com/
BlackFlagGames

this one may have already been stated

Post by BlackFlagGames »

314. You botch something really bad, like spill a beverage or cut yourself shaving and your first genuine instinct is to reload the turn prior or load an Autosave.
mckampela

Post by mckampela »

315: You have played too long as undead when:
-You run away when see gang with hoods on.
-Kill your family and wait for next turn so you can recruit them as
undeads
-You never go to woods that woses will surely ambush you.
-You fear going to church.
-You mash plant at park. "They must be killed when they are young.
-You run like crazy when sun rises.
-You go to pet shop and buy rats for your pet.
-You go to pet shop and kill all the lizards. "They must be killed when they are young."
-You try to cast chill waves by throwinf ice cubes.
-You try to transform to lich by killing yourself.

316. You read all the reasons and want more of them.
Oh lol
billdoor

Post by billdoor »

317 - When you enter into a village, you expect people to give you money regularly.
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

jonadab wrote:313. When explaining to a young child about the dangers of crossing the street, you mention the poor defense pedestrians get on road terrain, the fact that cars have a very powerful charge attack, or the need to make sure you have enough movement points to get all the way across before any cars arrive.
Best one I've seen in this thread recently.

318. You see a hexagonal shape on the ground, so you stand in the middle of it and strike an "intimidating" pose, pretending you're a Wesnoth unit.
bert1

Post by bert1 »

jonadab wrote:313. When explaining to a young child about the dangers of crossing the street, you mention the poor defense pedestrians get on road terrain, the fact that cars have a very powerful charge attack, or the need to make sure you have enough movement points to get all the way across before any cars arrive.
319. You also mention that if the car is the same colour as the child's shorts, then it isn't dangerous, and will pass straight through him.
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

bert1 wrote:

319. You also mention that if the car is the same colour as the child's shorts, then it isn't dangerous, and will pass straight through him.
:D:D:D My god how I laughed at that one. :P

Oh, and a reason:

320. You don't play Wesnoth anymore, you just contribute or linger in the forums.
I wish I had more time in my hands.