Unit list for the ipod

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

elricz

Unit list for the ipod

Post by elricz »

Hi all,

I have created a modified version of the unit list, in order to show it on the notes of an ipod. I have tested it with my ipod mini (no references to Borat, please :) ), and it has worked, although some unit names are trimmed in some pages.
The files are available here: http://zapicm.freeshell.org/ipod.zip, just unzip the file and drop it on the notes folder on the the ipod. Most of the links are absolute (I couldn't make the relative ones to work as I needed), so it won't work in a separate folder as it is. If somebody needs that to try it, please let me know.

As usual, comments and suggestions are appreciated.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Wow.... If I had an Ipod, that would be incredibly awesome.

Who am I kidding? That's still incredibly awesome!
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

I appluad your efforts. Seriously, that is an awesome idea.
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

Now if I could just play wesnoth on an ipod I might actually buy one. Get on that elricz! :)
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
bioman

Post by bioman »

Very cool, works great on my sister's ipod nano! (haven't used mine 'cause it is using Rockbox!)
elricz

Post by elricz »

Thanks! I am not sure if this is more a proof of concept than a proper application, but it has been fun to code it.

In any case, one of the potential uses that I had in mind is the promotion of Wesnoth, by uploading it to ipod software compilations. If someone thinks that it has enough quality, and knows some place where to put it, feel free to do it. I started playing one game because of a Firefox extension, maybe this can also work.
tokyo

Post by tokyo »

it a good idea and its cool but it be better if the game worked start to work on that
:lol:
Deathblower

Post by Deathblower »

Hello all,

I have to say this is fantastic.

I've been playing multiplayer hot seat games with my friends at college quite a bit lately (join us Bioman . . . :D).

Anyway, good to see that there are always new ideas coming through.

DB

ps. Sorry for the previous 6 months of absence on the forums - my life has been hectic.
Just a short dude with a lot of time . . .
Osai

Post by Osai »

I loaded it on my Video iPod...

works great. I have it in a Subfolder: /Wesnoth therefore the select by race, attack and so doesn't work, but the Index still works..
Anyway its great stuff :)
elricz

Post by elricz »

Osai wrote:I have it in a Subfolder: /Wesnoth therefore the select by race, attack and so doesn't work, but the Index still works..
I was being lazy, it should be that way from the beginning. Better late than never, I have uploaded a version on http://zapicm.freeshell.org/ipod_folder.zip, that works within the /wesnoth subfolder. The old link still works, but it not referred from the home page any more.

I am happy that people like it, thanks for your support!
Osai

Post by Osai »

*copied it*
*checked it out*

Works great :D

greets,
Osai