Walking Corpses != zombies

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

commanderkeen

Post by commanderkeen »

"Zombie" is one of those overused Hollywood words. "Walking Corpses" avoids having people think of "Braaiiiiins.... Braaiiiins!" and that sort of thing.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

What about "walking dead"? A lot of "hollywood movies" use that too. It isn't a lot different from walking corpse; does it have a significantly different connotation, do you think?
Zhukov wrote:This is Zhukov's 2000th post. Congrats, old boy.

-Maeglin the Black
I must say, it's rather interesting to look at the list of all those with 1000+ posts. It's a very eclectic mix of people who have been around forever, people who like to talk a lot, and people who have actually contributed something to the game.

I think I fall under all 3 categories. Hence my 10,000+ posts.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
unsung

Post by unsung »

Well, zombies are just better.

The way I see it is:
Zombies are actually undead (they can moan, or learn maybe one thing like pushing the button on the door knob makes it harder to open, but nothing else. Not even what a button is.)
A walking corpse is just magically animated- its creator could just go "nope" and it would cease, while a zombie would fufill my dream of combating a zombie outbreak, and would attempt to kill and eat the necromancer.
That's what he gets for not being a fighter.
turin wrote: I must say, it's rather interesting to look at the list of all those with 1000+ posts. It's a very eclectic mix of people who have been around forever, people who like to talk a lot, and people who have actually contributed something to the game.

I think I fall under all 3 categories. Hence my 10,000+ posts.
Don't forget about the funny and/or partially demented part.
In about 11 posts, I get to invade your secret club.
Better board up the doors and windows.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

I think I just like to talk a lot :).

Even though lately I've just been lurking, you wouldn't know it from my posting, but I've been on the forums almost every day recently.
Sorry for the meaningless post
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Aside: Is there any chance we could rename it to "shambling corpse"? It sounds cooler (IMO) and definitely fits the WC's movement rate...
Konrad II

Post by Konrad II »

Hehe, funny party is, in French version, the "walking corpse" translates as "zombie" ><.
George Mason

Post by George Mason »

Why people worry about postcount is a mystery to me.

Well, not so much a mystery as it is sad.
I flew a nuclear bomb into a chasm to save all you punks, and this is the thanks I get?
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Obviously. I mean, you're George Mason. And you only have 16. But no one messes with you.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Who wants Jack to come home and kick your ass because you messed with his good friend George, huh?
Hard work may pay off in the long run, but laziness always pays off right away.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Dude... you're dead. Big nuclear explosion, remember?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Cue post from the Jack B profile...

(I still don't know if those profiles belong to Doc or JW.)
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

George Mason wrote:Why people worry about postcount is a mystery to me.
Agreed. It doesn't mean you're any better - just more prolific.

eg. My postcount is higher than fmunoz, Freim, Wayfarer and Eleazar (amongst others) and their contributions to Wesnoth are almost in the vicinity of mine. ;)

P.S. +1 postcount for me! :)
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Zhukov wrote:(I still don't know if those profiles belong to Doc or JW.)
But I, with my strange Sith Powaz, know exactly who it is! Muhaha!

Incidentally, Artemis reborn is not an alternate of Maeglin Dubh. I just spent a night at his house once and moderated from his computer, so now to all moderators it appears that we share a location.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

My high postcount (I have 1000+, yay) is just due to the fact that this community is one of the cooler ones out there, and worth spending time in. I guess I'm just...chatty, also. For instance, I don't know, but probably about half my posts are in off-Topic forum alone. :P I haven't contributed worth crap, except for some TC animations (and several more ideas, that were then taken over, but at least I had the idea).

...anyway....

I always wondered why the images were labeled "undead-zombie-drake" and suchlike. I like the Shambling Corpse idea, but it has...a bit less of a ring to it. It actually sounds like the name of a pleasant English town by the seaside, for some reason. :?
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Flametrooper wrote:I like the Shambling Corpse idea, but it has...a bit less of a ring to it. It actually sounds like the name of a pleasant English town by the seaside, for some reason. :?
Pardon the useless post, but this cracked me up.