Drowned Plains, 1.1.13 not worth playing :-(

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Guayasil

Drowned Plains, 1.1.13 not worth playing :-(

Post by Guayasil »

The 'hard' level.

Enemy forces can appear anytime and anywhere. After you move your unit (for example: the last one in the turn) even 10 undead can appear in any place - even your fortress. Then they attack my leaders and kill them. End of the game. No place for any strategy, no chance of winning. Seems like a pure idiocy... Not worth playing, I'afraid - what a shame.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Uhm - okay..

Have you tried surrounding your leaders with units to make them less vulnerable?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Agreed, it's ridiculous.

Scenario design like that is really lame. I encourage everyone to simply cheat their way through such parts.
Guayasil

Post by Guayasil »

Lazarus wrote:Uhm - okay..

Have you tried surrounding your leaders with units to make them less vulnerable?
Doesn't help. I surround my leader with some units, then in the next turn I try move one of those units (I wish to move all of them) one field and then enemy units (undead) appear in its place. Can't prevent, can't escape...
Gus

Post by Gus »

zookeeper's right (and i know he hates it when scenarii have units appear out of thin air AFTER you move), there's no strategy, thus it hardly has its place in a TBS.
Hard work may pay off in the long run, but laziness always pays off right away.
unsung

Post by unsung »

I agree- I have no problem with EI itself, but last time I played this one I HAD to cheat.

Of course, I may have cheated the whole way there (I cheated because I as being lazy. ot because I can't get there. then it would be silly. by which I mean stupid of me.) whenever I play through (didn't finish it, deleted all of my saves to deal with OOS errors) EI again, thats the one scenario I plan to cheat on. And probably dismiss any level ups I get after.
I may try otherwise first- I used to play on easy, but I've recently found the whole game much easier. Or maybe I've suddenly improved. So I may try it on easy a few times, or maybe, MAYBE normal.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?