Legend of Wesmere: Elves last stand and others

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kirdan

Legend of Wesmere: Elves last stand and others

Post by Kirdan »

Hi,

I'm playing this campaign (wesnoth 1.0.2 Ubuntu Dapper) and I enjoy it. There's some good scenarios with good variation.
However I've ended up in a situation where Kalenz is needing only 1 XP to advance and since the AI is very reluctant to attack such units this leaves me in a rather special situation where I was able to use Kalenz as a "doorman" in "Elves last stand", making it rather easy to hold of the Orcs. - thouhg I have no idea how I would have made it without him.

But worse... The next scenario when you have to cross the river through the saurians becomes waaay too easy: Just plot a path for Kalenz to follow and click end-turn 9 times.

Maybe it's time to update the AI on this behaviour?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Legend of Wesmere: Elves last stand and others

Post by zookeeper »

Kirdan wrote:I'm playing this campaign (wesnoth 1.0.2 Ubuntu Dapper) and I enjoy it.

Maybe it's time to update the AI on this behaviour?
About a zillion things have been updated since 1.0.2, so this might be one of them. 1.0.2 is really a completely obsolete version, I'd recommend you get 1.1.13 (which is almost identical already to the next stable, 1.2), although your old savefiles, campaigns or any other content won't be compatible, so you'll have to redownload and play campaigns from scratch.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Zookeeper is right, and also please note: This is NOT the best forum for
user-made campaigns. The best way is to post on the relevant thread in the Campaigns Forum: This ensures that the campaign creator and all
others who have posted in this campaign and have not diabled this option
will see your message.

That said:
I'm playing this campaign (wesnoth 1.0.2 Ubuntu Dapper) and I enjoy it. There's some good scenarios with good variation.
Glad you like it
However I've ended up in a situation where Kalenz is needing only 1 XP to advance and since the AI is very reluctant to attack such units this leaves me in a rather special situation where I was able to use Kalenz as a "doorman" in "Elves last stand", making it rather easy to hold of the Orcs. - thouhg I have no idea how I would have made it without him.
You did not mention what difficulty you are playing.
If Kalenz only needs 1 point to advance to Elvish Champion and you have only a couple of weak orcs with (or maybe without) better targets, sure they may refrain from
attacking him(can't blame them for not wishing to die). If you had a swarm of orcs around him, they should not hesitate at all.
But worse... The next scenario when you have to cross the river through the saurians becomes waaay too easy: Just plot a path for Kalenz to follow and click end-turn 9 times
Again, what difficulty are you playing? Even if you get to the river, crossing is no picnic. The saurians will only let that happen if you keep them busy by attacking their bases. On medium and hard, this is easier said than done.