I was something mistaken [was:"rebalancing of Northerne

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Rey

Post by Rey »

JW wrote:
Rey wrote:ok JW, your explanation useful and has been detailed :wink: , although it is not necessary you get angry, did not go my intention to offend anybody with
lol, I'm not angry, I just have a posting style like that. 8)

I'm glad it was helpful. :)
ok, I understand :)
"Alea Jacta Est"

Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

JW wrote:Maeglin, whenever I refresh the "latest posts" page and I see you've posted in a thread like this, I always assume it's been locked. 8)
Only threads I can actually lock are Ideas and Off Topic. Elsewhere I can only recommend they be locked. In this case, though, I wanted the discrepancy in realities to be resolved to avoid Rey starting another topic somewhere else on the same misguided topic, which would then be locked as a pointless meta-thread. What irrevenant calls hydra-moderation. Leave one thread open to avoid a flood of identical threads upon its lockage.
Last edited by Maeglin Dubh on November 23rd, 2006, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.

Xandria

Post by Xandria »

Hey - there's a difference between a gobbo and a walking corpse: as they say, you can't teach a dead dog new tricks and goblins are no dogs, and some 18 hp away from being dead!

The smallest person can influence the course of the future, and even small critters can become tough and learn new skills... what about a goblin bat rider, or an alchemist lobbing flasks of fire? Or a combination thereof? It matters little for game balance if such a unit is lvl 3, but adds lots of color. Ok, it's just me developing maternal feelings toward the poor goblins, but don't you want to pamper them until they rock, big time?

(actually, it would be fun if the puny goblin could turn into something especially useful - a reward for getting it past the "please step on me" stage)
The fight against human stupidity is endless, but we must never give it up.
- Jan Werich

Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

You can make those, but they are not appropriate for mainline. Take my word for it. I really don't feel like explaining after I already explicitly said "These units do not level up because that is not their function."
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.

Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Xandria, Irrevenant's Free Goblins faction may be what you are looking for. It never got off the ground, but there were some pretty good ideas in there.

Rey

lesson...

Post by Rey »

Playing last night a map 1v1v1, Bodri_HUN gave a lesson of like playing with Northerners and not dying in the attempt… :wink:
I could verify that perhaps my lack of knowledge of all the abilities and tactics (and luck lol) of this faction has made me “encounter� over some games... :)
"Alea Jacta Est"

JW

Re: lesson...

Post by JW »

Rey wrote:Playing last night a map 1v1v1, Bodri_HUN gave a lesson of like playing with Northerners and not dying in the attempt… :wink:
I could verify that perhaps my lack of knowledge of all the abilities and tactics (and luck lol) of this faction has made me “encounter� over some games... :)
You're far more reasonable than Higher Game! I hope you learn how to destroy people as Northerners! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Rey

Post by Rey »

:wink:
"Alea Jacta Est"

Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

Rey, if you ever feel that you're English isn't being understood, feel free to include a version of your post in your native language as well. :)
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Rey

Post by Rey »

Gafgarion wrote:Rey, if you ever feel that you're English isn't being understood, feel free to include a version of your post in your native language as well. :)
But few understand Spanish. I make an effort to me to write better in English and...Does not give result? :?
"Alea Jacta Est"

Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

There's some Spanish people here. And I'm trying to learn Spanish as well...it's going slow.
And JW, you copier, I did that first! Oh well, it was yesterday anyways.

Rey

Post by Rey »

Flametrooper wrote:There's some Spanish people here. And I'm trying to learn Spanish as well...it's going slow.
And JW, you copier, I did that first! Oh well, it was yesterday anyways.
8) BIENVENIDO AL IDIOMA ESPAÑOL :wink:
"Alea Jacta Est"

Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

It is good to speak Spanish? I'm just guessing here. Haven't taken a class in years.

Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Well, living in Southern California there is a high Spanish-speaking population here, so it's not a bad idea.

Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

I was actually trying to translate.