Lis'ar the Cockatrice Slayer

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Trygvasson

Lis'ar the Cockatrice Slayer

Post by Trygvasson »

Playing HttT, I discovered that the Cockatrices (found in the 'Elven Council' map) consistently would not attack Lis'ar. I had her pick up the Sceptre of Fire and she leveled up to Battle Princess. Does the AI just think her too powerful? Can anyone confirm this finding? It made the map a walkover, once I discovered this fact. Just advance with Lis'ar in front, all other units right behind and out of range. The cockatrices will never attack, letting you slay them at will with your melee units.
Chris NS

Post by Chris NS »

Congratulations, looks like you've spotted a loophole in the AI. The AI will normally only allow units to attack other units if the damage they are inflicting compares favourably to the damage they receive. Unfortunately for the Cockatrices, the stoning ability isn't taken into account, so presumably their tiny damage against the Scepter of Fire's huge damage puts them off.

The bad news is that this scenario is being axed from the imminent new stable version, so this tactic won't work much longer.
Trygvasson

Post by Trygvasson »

I'd say that's good news. In general, I must say I'm quite impressed with the AI, in this game. I play a lot of solitaire strategy games, and this one is a challenge. The biggest advantage of the KISS method, I suppose.
Higher Game

Post by Higher Game »

That scenario was really fun. Why is it being removed? :(