makes me sick

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gus

Post by Gus »

Once again, i was not commenting upon the correctness or usefulness of BugMeNot for the Wesnoth community. I was just explaining that the very purpose of BugMeNot is to make "public" accounts.
Hard work may pay off in the long run, but laziness always pays off right away.
unsung

Post by unsung »

Perhaps the devolpers should request that bug me not accounts not be made for wesnoth.org?

wikipedia calims that this usually works.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
williamager

Post by williamager »

I apologise for my responding to this after so long a period, but as the suggested course of action has apparently not been carried out, I thought that adding information about the situation would be useful.

Bugmenot is not meant to provide user names for forums that do not require registration for viewing. According to the reporting page, one can disable entries for sites where "users register only to add/change content (but not to view)".

I would report this myself, but unfortunately the mechanism for reporting requires that one have enough control of the domain in question to place a file on the root directory of the web server. The form for doing this process is located at http://www.bugmenot.com/report.php.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

About the ACTUAL ORIGINAL TOPIC... :roll:
I think this guy was talking about scrolling (in dialog and at the start of turns) and how it was too fast, made him sick, whatever. He requested an option to turn it off. This is not all that bad an idea - I personally don't mind, but Options Aren't Always Bad, as some people might have a similar viewpoint to him.

-Happy thanksgiving...
hey.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

I agree with him: the scrolling can be hard on those who suffer from chronic headaches (myself included) and this issue has been raised in the past. I don't remember off the top of my head what the resolution was.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.