Help - No Longer can get user campaigns

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

conradmr@charter.net

Help - No Longer can get user campaigns

Post by conradmr@charter.net »

:shock: I have been playing Battle of Wesnoth for about 1 month - v1.0.2 and have finished the official campaigns and have loaded several user written ones. The game is fantastic. But all of the sudden yesterday - 10/10/06 I could no longer download any new campaigns. The connection to campaigns.wesnoth.org returnswith an error - remote host disconnected. Do I have a proble??? :?:
troodon

Post by troodon »

I suggest that you switch to wesnoth 1.1.11. Its server works fine. But some campaigns are gone.
appleide

Re: Help - No Longer can get user campaigns

Post by appleide »

conradmr@charter.net wrote::shock: I have been playing Battle of Wesnoth for about 1 month - v1.0.2 and have finished the official campaigns and have loaded several user written ones. The game is fantastic. But all of the sudden yesterday - 10/10/06 I could no longer download any new campaigns. The connection to campaigns.wesnoth.org returnswith an error - remote host disconnected. Do I have a proble??? :?:
Erm... Not sure... maybe the 1.0.2 server was taken off because a new stable version is coming out. Go download 1.1.11. (Its even more fantastic if your computer is good enough)
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Or perhaps the 1.0.2 campaign server simply crashed... This happens sometimes.
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
dreaming_one

Post by dreaming_one »

It happened to me too.
I've been downloading lots of campaigns and suddenly the server isn't responding, it was yesterday around afternoon I think.
now it's working as I see.
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

It hangs from time to time.

The campaign server code has issues, but unfortunately no active developer is working on it atm.