Challanging the N3T

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

This was the funniest thread I have read in a long time. I particularly liked Grand Moff Tarkin's contribution.
Grand Moff Tarkin wrote:You severely underestimate the Rebellion's treachery. Lord Vader will be dispatched to the Wesnoth system immediately, to clear up this little intrigue. The Pwnz Lizards will not triumph over the Empire.

It is fear that will keep the Forum Users in line. Fear of this battle station.
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Tony Almeida wrote:First of all, are you actually trying to insist that Cavalrymen are decent against Clashers?
Putting a cavalryman vs against a clasher alone isn't so bright. Having a troup of calverymen on the flanks to rush in, plug gaps, take out the odd stuborn unit, or deliver one of those last hits is a good stratagy agaisnt any race. For loyalists they are better then horsmen because they are cheeper, better at holding ground, and more resistant to blade - which most drakes with the exception of clashers use.
So, let me get this straight- An Elder Noob wants to face me 1v1 on a 4-player map ( :P ), thinking that he'll destroy me and convince me that he's actually better at Wesnoth?
:roll: Sorry, I ment 'Charge'. And as far as being better at Wesnoth, time will tell, if you aren't too much of a chicken that is.
Why don't you save yourself the humiliation by doing a 1v1 with yourself in which you try using mostly Cavalrymen against mostly Clashers (as it was in the game I saw). Post up the replay, if you wouldn't mind.

Does this mean that you are chickening out? And FYI, he had about 2 fighters, 1 or 2 burners and about 2 or 3 clashers. I had recruited 4 calverymen in the initial round for scouting and village grabing (wich you wern't there to see btw), and after that I was recruiting primaraly spearmen and archers. Like I said before, I was using them as a reserve force, to guard the flanks, plug the gaps and deliver the odd killing blow.
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Tony Almeida wrote:First of all, are you actually trying to insist that Cavalrymen are decent against Clashers?
Why would anybody like to use a ridiculous spear if you have got a pwnzing blade attack???
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Taurus wrote:
Putting a cavalryman vs against a clasher alone isn't so bright. Having a troup of calverymen on the flanks to rush in, plug gaps, take out the odd stuborn unit, or deliver one of those last hits is a good stratagy agaisnt any race. For loyalists they are better then horsmen because they are cheeper, better at holding ground, and more resistant to blade - which most drakes with the exception of clashers use.
So, let me get this straight- An Elder Noob wants to face me 1v1 on a 4-player map ( :P ), thinking that he'll destroy me and convince me that he's actually better at Wesnoth?
:roll: Sorry, I ment 'Charge'. And as far as being better at Wesnoth, time will tell, if you aren't too much of a chicken that is.
Why don't you save yourself the humiliation by doing a 1v1 with yourself in which you try using mostly Cavalrymen against mostly Clashers (as it was in the game I saw). Post up the replay, if you wouldn't mind.

Does this mean that you are chickening out? And FYI, he had about 2 fighters, 1 or 2 burners and about 2 or 3 clashers. I had recruited 4 calverymen in the initial round for scouting and village grabing (wich you wern't there to see btw), and after that I was recruiting primaraly spearmen and archers. Like I said before, I was using them as a reserve force, to guard the flanks, plug the gaps and deliver the odd killing blow.
Out of curiousity, about how long ago did this match occur, and who was it against?

P.S.

Tony is even better than Big Lizard. I wouldn't provoke him if I were you.

P.P.S.

Buying Cavalrymen instead of Spearmen/Horsemen, knowing that you're facing Drakes, is pretty silly most of the time. I would almost go so far as to say that no good player would let you get away with it. :wink:
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Doc Paterson wrote:Tony is even better than Big Lizard.
:roll:
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
JW

Post by JW »

Taurus wrote:Does this mean that you are chickening out? And FYI, he had about 2 fighters, 1 or 2 burners and about 2 or 3 clashers. I had recruited 4 calverymen in the initial round for scouting and village grabing (wich you wern't there to see btw), and after that I was recruiting primaraly spearmen and archers. Like I said before, I was using them as a reserve force, to guard the flanks, plug the gaps and deliver the odd killing blow.
You can't seriously think you're good recruiting like that....
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Did Taurus seriously just challenge Doc Paterson to a duel? :? That doesn't seem like the smartest course of action to me...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager

turin wrote:Did Taurus seriously just challenge Doc Paterson to a duel? :? That doesn't seem like the smartest course of action to me...
I think so. (It would be totally awesome if Taurus won, haha, but I doubt that Paterson will play.)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Elvish_Pillager

JW wrote:You can't seriously think you're good recruiting like that....
It's not too bad if it's a large map with 2+ GPV.
Agent Jack Bauer

Post by Agent Jack Bauer »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
JW wrote:You can't seriously think you're good recruiting like that....
It's not too bad if it's a large map with 2+ GPV.
I think we're assuming 5 gpv, 30 exp. here.
JB: You don't have any more information, do you, Nina?
NM: Yes I do.
JB: No, you don't.

*BLAU!*
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
turin wrote:Did Taurus seriously just challenge Doc Paterson to a duel? :? That doesn't seem like the smartest course of action to me...
I think so. (It would be totally awesome if Taurus won, haha, but I doubt that Paterson will play.)
Right, Paterson only plays Tekken and Go Fish.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Oh, so this Tony Almedia guy is one of your aliasis. Damn, I remember someone mentioning something at the time. Interesting. So are we on?
Elvish Pillager wrote: I think so. (It would be totally awesome if Taurus won, haha, but I doubt that Paterson will play.)
Why? If he is 'so good' why doesen't he play? It would help to send a clear message to 'elder newbies' like me :-P.

Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Doc Paterson wrote: Out of curiousity, about how long ago did this match occur, and who was it against?
It was a while ago, maby abou 2 - 3 months. I forget exactally who it was against...
P.S.

Tony is even better than Big Lizard. I wouldn't provoke him if I were you.
I am unconvinced.
P.P.S.

Buying Cavalrymen instead of Spearmen/Horsemen, knowing that you're facing Drakes, is pretty silly most of the time. I would almost go so far as to say that no good player would let you get away with it. :wink:
I get away with it all the time. Or maby it's just that I have never met such an 'expert' player like yourself before :wink:

Assasin

Post by Assasin »

dude, pat can twist you around his pinky

Peace to the Drakes and the Fire god's Who Made Them :wink:
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Death to the Drakes and the Loser gods who made them. ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm