Saurian Uprising

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PsychoticMuffin

Saurian Uprising

Post by PsychoticMuffin »

In the Drake faction the 2 Saurian units are actually just as powerful if not more than the Drake ones. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the 2 Saurian units have pierce, and cold(magical) attacks, and if the Saurians got mad at the Drakes and had an uprising, the Drakes would be dead in no time. I was thinking about making a Saurian world domination campaign and was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping/playtesting for me. Of course I would have to add some extra units, and I don't know when I will get the time, but I think that the Saurian units are my 2 absolute favorite ingame ATM.
Elestel

Post by Elestel »

I remember that something was made about saurians... but I don't know the reasons it didn't go further...
If you do it, dont make a very wet world... balance could be hard to find for them :P
Good works and luck! (I can't help you by myself, I fear, but maybe translate it...)
note: to move this post to campaigns forum
Ignacio Dadoverde Elestel
Nada es lo que parece, y lo que parece nada es...
Always there's more you can't see than you can...

Spanish translator of UTBS, TB, SPMPP
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

Check Neo's sprites in the graphics library, he's got a truckload of suarians that were used in a suarian campaign involving their orc opressors. I'm sure he won't mind you using them.
PsychoticMuffin

Post by PsychoticMuffin »

*cough* Drake Oppressors. *cough* Yeah I saw that thread, I was thinking about using some of those. I just gotta learn WML first(don't post the links, I know where the pages are). I can pretty much learn as I go, I just wish that there was some sort of step by step tutorial to get you started instead of just a bunch of reference pages.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

PsychoticMuffin wrote:*cough* Drake Oppressors. *cough* Yeah I saw that thread, I was thinking about using some of those. I just gotta learn WML first(don't post the links, I know where the pages are). I can pretty much learn as I go, I just wish that there was some sort of step by step tutorial to get you started instead of just a bunch of reference pages.
WML, I have been learning it on the go for so long that I can't remember when I started and there are still tiny errors
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
toms

Post by toms »

The saurians are just put together with the drakes in MP, they actually don't belong to each other. (in general)
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
KRCM

Post by KRCM »

Before Legacy was an uprise against the orcs there was another (unfinished) saurian campaign.

I liked both of them and it is disappointing to see them as they are. One unfinished and the other one completly dissapeared.

So if you can make the complete story I am willing to help you with making maps and scenarios. I have wanted to make my own campaign for a time but I am very bad in the story writing part. (and if I had something it would be elves again and there's more then enough of them)
Maintainer Elf War
troodon

saurians

Post by troodon »

Where in the Great Continent do the Saurians live? It's kind of important for me to know so that I can work them into my campaign. I don't want to have to fight dwarves without the backing of some saurian oracles...