Older Wesnoth Versions

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

XJaPaN

Older Wesnoth Versions

Post by XJaPaN »

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=TR3F2LGE

Here I have uploaded Wesnoth 0.6.99.4 :) Its the oldest Wesnoth Version I got on my PC. Its very interesting to compare this Version with current Wesnoth Versions, the progress is amazing. Now I am curious to see even older Wesnoth Versions, maybe someone can upload older Windows Versions?

Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
XJaPaN

Post by XJaPaN »

Thank you!! 0.4.5 o_O
xtifr

Post by xtifr »

Keep in mind that you're not allowed to distribute any version of Wesnoth without source (unless you set up or pass on a three-year offer to provide source to anyone who asks). I didn't really look at either site, but if they're offering Wesnoth binaries without source, they could be violating copyrights.
"When a man is tired of Ankh-Morpork, he is tired of ankle-deep slurry" -- Catroaster

Legal, free live music: Surf Coasters at Double Down Saloon, Las Vegas on 2005-03-06. Tight, high-energy Japanese Surf-Rock.
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

I wouldn't really worry about it, the one Tux posted hasn't updated since .8.2.
Sorry for the meaningless post
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Look where the files are actually hosted (http://wesnoth.whitevine.net/files/) and you'll find older versions, also available as source code.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

.1.? You can't go back much further than that!
Sorry for the meaningless post
xtifr

Post by xtifr »

Soliton wrote:Look where the files are actually hosted (http://wesnoth.whitevine.net/files/) and you'll find older versions, also available as source code.
Well, that would certainly seem to cover the matter as far as that site goes. Nevertheless, I think a friendly reminder about the general obligation to provide source is a useful thing to have in a thread like this. Just in case someone was thinking of setting up their own site or uploading Wesnoth to one of the many "freeware" sites on the net. Many freeware sites don't have any provision for providing source. The idea that the source might be available, let alone mandatory, is alien to a lot of Windows users.
"When a man is tired of Ankh-Morpork, he is tired of ankle-deep slurry" -- Catroaster

Legal, free live music: Surf Coasters at Double Down Saloon, Las Vegas on 2005-03-06. Tight, high-energy Japanese Surf-Rock.