Incomplete Unit Directory

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

I don't use IRC... anymore.
I think I sumbitted it to gna correctly though.

https://gna.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=5465
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
Dacyn

Post by Dacyn »

I wrote:Idea: instead of removing the feature, just change the advanceto links that currently don't work so that they do work. (i.e. you can see the General's stats by clicking on the link in the Lieutenant's description). This would solve the problem while not completely removing the feature...
Any objection to adding this suggestion to the feature request?
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

None here.

Did you know your name is the same one as the mage in the Restoration campaign? Small world... :wink:
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks when he has to say something."
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

SmokemJags wrote:None here.
Ditto.

In further news, I was on the #wesnoth-dev IRC channel this afternoon, and there were no objections to the "feature" being removed, plus several endorsements of the idea. :) Now all we need is a coder to actually DO it.
SmokemJags wrote:Did you know your name is the same one as the mage in the Restoration campaign? Small world... :wink:
Even more, his name is the same as the name of the white mage from the Eastern Invasion campaign. Which has existed for two years longer than Restoration. And whom the mage in Restoration is, albeit 10 years older. And the mage in EI was named, in part, after the forum's Dacyn, who is my brother. Playing the official campaigns can help. ;) (P.S.: I wrote EI.)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
SmokemJags

Post by SmokemJags »

I've played Eastern Invasion, got kinda frustrated with the captured scenario and the one following it though.
I just tried out Restoration after someone mentioned the existance of the Chaos faction in it, and it was fresh in my mind when I noticed your brother's forum name.
I was actually planning on doing a Skeletal Dragon death animation... but that's been put on hold because I've had to constantly tweak the Bone Shooter so many times.
Maybe I'll get to it sometime down the road, it's very difficult to animate him because he has so many individual bones to manipulate, not a 'shirt' piece I can simply rotate and clean up.
Last edited by SmokemJags on March 10th, 2006, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

SmokemJags wrote:I've played Eastern Invasion, got kinda frustrated with the captured scenario and the one following it though.
I just tried out Restoration after someone mentioned the existance of the Chaos faction in it, it was fresh in my mind when I noticed your brothers forum name.
Aye, that would explain it.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm