Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hanzo_the_Vile

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Hanzo_the_Vile »

Hello guys! Name's Hanzo and I've been playing BfW for almost 2 years now on Android. Been visiting this forum for a long while as well and thought I should register. Gotta say I love this game and it's one of the best games I've played IN ALL GAMING PLATFORMS. Thanks to everyone who created and contributed to this hidden gem.

Currently playing: The Blind Sentinel: The Underness Series II

Cheers!
Crimson_Conure
2019 Amateur Fast Champion

Post by Crimson_Conure »

Hi everyone! I'm Crimson_Conure and I've been playing Wesnoth for about 10 years, but only started playing semi-seriously recently. I used to play very casually on and off, and explore various add-ons which were really fun (I love Era of Magic!!! <3 <3)

Nice to meet you all <3 everybody is so nice here and I feel privileged to even get to talk to any one of you!! It's so great and I've had a hard past.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Be aware that the campaigns are not designed to be balanced while you use mods.
BigJoke

Post by BigJoke »

Hello everyone ! I have been thoroughly enjoying this game along with a few pals and would love to find more people to play with. We are from France but English is not an issue. I have been looking for different gamemodes and ways to play multiplayer (mods included) and would gladly accept suggestions. Hit me up on Discord at BigJokes#4849.
Thanks to whoever made this or contributed to the development btw this game is great!
Konstantine

Post by Konstantine »

Hello all, I'm an ex-career lurker at various forums, but a while ago I decided to get active in the ones that truly stood out and interested me.
I discovered this gem of a game about 6 years ago and there is always a copy on my P.C. it is one of those games I come back to from time to time when I get bored with the rest of my collection. In many ways, Wesnoth is superior to games I've paid good money to purchase.
So, why am I here, especially now?
Lately I've been trying many of the User Made Campaigns, there is a lot of talent behind them, much respect from my end. However, it seems that some of those could use some help with the balance/ playtesting and... a few could use some better English.
So I thought I would join you all and pitch in where I can.
See you all around the forums
Rurik

Post by Rurik »

Hi everyone!

I'm Eric from Argentina. I downloaded today the game, then obviusly I'm noob, but I think this game is pretty funny, so I'm going to learn and play MP. ^^

Best regards!
PastaSaucey

Post by PastaSaucey »

Hi everyone!

This is everyone's favorite cool cat 8) PastaSaucey!
This is my first post and I am excited to be here!

Thanks 2 everyone who's been so patient. I hope to be a very important member of the Wesnoth Community shortly!
:D

Enclosed in this post is my resume -- well, not resume, but a few random things you should know about me.
  • I am a big fan of medieval/ancient warfare games and movies. (I hope I live long enough to see the world's first time machine 8))
  • I am a people person
  • I have a bachelor's degree in recess time
  • I once fooled a website into thinking I was Justin Bieber (it worked! :P)
  • I am a trained martial artist, so don't mess with me (slightly exaggerated)
  • I am fluent in Google Translate
  • I talk too much :eng:
  • I love sci fi
  • I love to eat (who doesn't?)
  • I never want to get older than 35 :lol:
  • I cry when I am bored (ok not really, it's just that my eyes get all teary -- which I guess means that I cry when I am bored :P)
  • All of my best ideas come when I am about to fall asleep. I have no idea why.
  • I talk too much :eng:
  • I love to write :geek:, which inspired me to become a part of the Wesnoth community in the first place. I love to tell stories and this gives me the opportunity to do so :)
  • I'm a bit of a romantic :oops:
  • I don't like to toot my own horn (I love to)
  • I think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram
  • I love to read, but I usually don't like to read my own work
  • Did I already mention that I talk too much? :P
Peace
Last edited by PastaSaucey on September 16th, 2018, 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram
firefox

Post by firefox »

hey-ho :3
i'm Red_Fox (previously firefox)

wesnoth was my first game on linux and i played since version 1.4.
but i played less at 1.10 when i discovered minetest and ultimately quit at 1.12.
but now i'm back, because i felt like i need a turn-based game in my arsenal (and the nostalgia). the fact that we now have 1.14 with all the new stuff was also a major deciding factor.

i see that the Era of Magic also advanced a lot and i'm very excited to experience it.
also, i'm curious how Legend of the Invincibles is doing :3

=(^.^)=
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
DwarvenRogue

Post by DwarvenRogue »

Hello everyone!

My name on the forum and in the game is DwarvenRogue. I named myself such because my favorite fantasy species is Dwarves and my favorite fantasy archetype is the rogue/thief/assassin. I am a big fan of fantasy in general. I have read a lot of fantasy and played fantasy RPGs, rogue-likes, and pen-and-paper RPGs pretty extensively. I found Wesnoth while searching for free turn-based fantasy games. I am only a causal player, so I am not all that good and most likely never will be. Wesnoth is a blast to play! :D

I like to hear myself talk, so many of my posts are a bit lengthy. I also like studying the rules and mechanics of the games I play. :P

Recently I have started reading some of the Warhammer 40k fluff books for fun. Go to if you want to see what my signature is a reference too and hopefully have a good laugh. ^_^

Hope to get stomped by many of you in-game! :mrgreen:
We will descend upon the foe, we will overwhelm them, we will leave none alive! Meanwhile our guardsmen will ensure the full defense of our headquarters. We are the Footpads! We are Thursagan's fury!!
Magentabomb

Post by Magentabomb »

Sup my name's Magentabomb (if it isn't visible anywhere). I just downloaded Wesnoth and i'll be playing for some time. I will then attempt to modify the game in order to improve my coding (and because what's not fun about seeing your creations in a game). I really liked minecraft (liked because i don't play it anymore) and i wanted something better (or different). Can't wait to play Wesnoth :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
perfectlyGoodInk

Post by perfectlyGoodInk »

Gosh, sorry for the late response. RL has had us pretty busy, moving from Texas to California among other things (and it ended up being 3 moves, as we first got an apartment, and finally have just moved into a house). I also got bogged down in the difficulty of the Island and then the Seige of Elensefar in HttT.
Xara wrote: May 29th, 2018, 3:49 pm One needs to be at least 13 years old for a forum account IIRC.
Okay, he's also on a somewhat strict 1-hour-a-day screen time limit anyway, and his new school specializes in computer science (we were pretty surprised to find it, but they have iPads for everyone and are teaching them Scratch and other thigns).
Xara wrote: May 29th, 2018, 3:49 pm I'd say that would be a fun coding education. I'd recommend making a survival map. It feels great to kill players with your wave designs.
Okay, we'll try that. We got kinda stuck, but he was asking me to try his level today, so hopefully we'll get back to it soon. Thanks!
Konrad2 wrote: May 29th, 2018, 3:00 pm Maybe he is refering to the fact that you can play this game mouse only, without needing your keyboard?
Oh... for some reason I assumed he must've meant the animal. I started playing this game on my phone and have only recently switched to playing it on the PC (and it's so much more satisfying there and also rather difficult for me to keep game saves in sync between the devices, so I exclusively play it there now). I'll have to ask him! Thanks!
Tolopesco

Post by Tolopesco »

Hello, I am Spanish, sailor, 61 and love Wesnoth. I am struggling to pass higher levels. Thanks for your hospitality. The point is that I got the IPAD versión and it was almost ok except for it does not store the campaigns achieved, you now, the laurel wreath, which is esencial for me. Can anybody help me?. Please easy answers :oops:
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Tolopesco wrote: November 28th, 2018, 5:22 pm Hello, I am Spanish, sailor, 61 and love Wesnoth. I am struggling to pass higher levels. Thanks for your hospitality. The point is that I got the IPAD versión and it was almost ok except for it does not store the campaigns achieved, you now, the laurel wreath, which is esencial for me. Can anybody help me?. Please easy answers :oops:
Do you mean keeping the laurels between version updates?
fermay

Post by fermay »

Hi Everyone,

I'm Fermay. I've gotten wesnoth over 8 years ago when I was in Middle School and Played so much of it. I was in Russia back then.
I wanted to check up on the game years after because I remembered the music. Today I'm an audio engineer and I write music for films and do production sound. I should look into writing some music for wesnoth, I prefer orchestral music anyways.

Looking forward to playing the campaign again to be honest.

Have good day everyone.
Tim07

Post by Tim07 »

Hello all !
I'm Tim07, i play wesnoth since 2005 (it changed a lot since xD).
Happy to finally be on the forum !
And i have a question to ask but idk where to do it can someone tell me ? (it's a about map editor)

Thanks all ! :)