Android 1.12 support thread

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Re: Android 1.12 support thread

Postby alep » August 9th, 2017, 2:53 pm

doomdan75 wrote:Hi Alep,
I have a Samsung galaxy s6 running Android 7.0 and recently it's developed a problem, now whenever I try to access local play it tells me there's an "unterminated quoted string at <unknown>:5" and goes back to main menu.
I currently have version 1.12.6-45

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall from scratch? If this does not work, you can try the 1.13.8 release from my previous post.
alep
Android Port Maintainer

Postby Trayanee » August 11th, 2017, 10:58 am

Thanks a lot for a new version. 1.13.8 works faster for me and is stable overall.

Minor issue I have is the resolution. On my FullHD phone I am used to setting Wesnoth to 800x450 for better UI visibility in startup options and it works fine. In new version however, such a setting puts black bars on both sides and game remains 4:3 with probably 800x600. Next 16:9 ratio step at 960x540 still has bars but much narrower and its quite ok. Higher resolutions work fine but I cant see much of the UI then.
Trayanee

Postby wingsfalcon » September 5th, 2017, 4:45 am

Android 5.0.1 succsesfully installation and play multiplayer game but need to instal new key board to fixerror key board bug
wingsfalcon

Postby gnomius » October 13th, 2017, 11:29 am

Hey, just FYI, BFW appeared on Pocket Tactics:

http://www.pockettactics.com/guides/poc ... n-android/

I just left a comment saying what is the difference between Alep's version and the previous one, as they seemed to be confused.
gnomius

Postby MeerlyDapper » January 2nd, 2018, 11:22 pm

Hey, I'd like to ask a quick question. Could you make it so that the in game cursor follows an external mouse without the need to hold down left click? This would make the experience much better and the controls whilst using an external mouse + Keyboard on your device much easier and actually function correctly! Thanks for considering this!
MeerlyDapper

Battle for Wesnoth Not Working on Android Oreo

Postby garryjoshi » January 13th, 2018, 12:33 pm

Hi, I've been playing the WesNorth game on my Note 8 for a while now. It was running just smooth on Android Nougat however today I received the Android Oreo update and now whenever I am trying to open the game it is only displaying a white blank screen at the startup. Please help!!

Update: I have managed to resolve this error. Must be some compatibility issue or similar. What I did was uninstalled the game > restarted my phone > reinstalled it and there you go!!! The game is working just smooth once again <3
Garry Joshi x Tech Enthusiastic & Gaming YouTuber.
Tutuapp ShowBox Tutuapp
garryjoshi

Previous

Return to Users’ Forum