Simultaneous Turns

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sevak

Simultaneous Turns

Post by Sevak »

Hello, I just recently downloaded this game again. I originally played it around 2010 and am playing again for some nostalgia. I was hoping to play with a group of friends though and I'm currently in the process of making an in depth Game of Thrones, War of Five Kings based scenario/map for us to play. My only issue is it will be hard to play multiplayer with more than two or three people if turns are not simultaneous. I was thinking it would be cool if there was an option where turns were done in a Sid Meier's Civilization simultaneous type way, where everyone plays at the same time, and when everyone completes their turn, it goes on to the next turn. Is this possible? Is this already something I could set up, if so, how? Thanks!
Ephraim

Re: Simultaneous Turns

Post by Ephraim »

That will be very difficult, but it's true that when some players that are allied forces they can play at the same time, and when all this players pick the end turn button, some ones earlier than other ones, the turn for all these allies finishes.
The Great Library of WML is huge and extense. I must find the book who will lead me to create a perfect campaign.
Future Project: History of Vindalf
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

In theory you could code some kind of simultaneous resolution system but it'd be awkward and hack-isa and you'd probably be better off writing your own program designed to do it rather than using the Wesnoth engine.

As a question though, why would it be hard to just have there be more sides. It'll take longer to play but other than that I don't see an issue.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Yomar

Post by Yomar »

Have you already tried to use planing mode, so you can plan your movements while the other play and execute them, when its your turn.
Beholded Wesnoth's Origins.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Zap-Zarap

Post by Zap-Zarap »

I want a RealTime Wesnoth! hehehe :lol:
I like beavers.