Ceres' Lua Problems

Discussion of Lua and LuaWML support, development, and ideas.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ceres
Forum Regular

Re: Ceres' Lua Problems

Post by Ceres »

Elvish_Hunter wrote:
Ceres wrote:I messed around with this code for hours now trying to create a [find_path] tag.
In case that you are interested, some months ago I created a [find_path] tag, that is available in the Wesnoth Lua Pack. :)
:doh: Sapient was right, I should've asked if someone already did this before. Obviously just checking the patches on Gna and the changelog wasn't enough. On that note, why isn't it yet mainlined then?

Anonymissimus: You just won the prize for maing my very first custom tag work :D
I'm actually quite impressed that I wasn't all that far from correctness.

Guess I'll look for something else to code now :)

Edit: Is there any FutureWML entry/approved feature request/other useful idea that can be done in plain Lua? I'm certainly not ready yet to take on C++ and such, but still want to do useful stuff while trying to get along with Lua first.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Ceres wrote:Is there any FutureWML entry/approved feature request/other useful idea that can be done in plain Lua? I'm certainly not ready yet to take on C++ and such, but still want to do useful stuff while trying to get along with Lua first
Unfortunately, you aren't the first one attempting to go that road, thus most or all of the easy lua tags are already created... (Note that I had not yet as good documentation and more bugs on the other hand, that's the drawback of being a pioneer...)
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

Anonymissimus wrote:Unfortunately, you aren't the first one attempting to go that road, thus most or all of the easy lua tags are already created...
Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but that sounds as if there're some hard things left over...
If not, well, then I'll be learning another programming language from scratch :D