Scenario Review: DiD 2 - Peaceful Valley

Feedback for the mainline campaign Descent into Darkness.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Britannicus

Re: Scenario Review: DiD 2 - Peaceful Valley

Post by Britannicus » June 28th, 2017, 10:05 pm

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

Challenging, Version 1.12.6

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

Ranging between 4 and 8, depending on the goblin spawns. It's a scenario with a big luck component, which is of course not necessarily a bad thing.

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

Perfectly clear, I just forgot halfway through and was confused after killing the enemy leader.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

Quite nice, the way in which Darken tempts Malin and pushes him towards the darkness is pretty well written.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

Finding the right balance between grabbing villages and keeping my troops together. Also, keeping in mind that Lvl 0 units do not have a ZoC.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

8. Like the first one, it's a very unusual challenge.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

I feel the map might be more interesting if there was a bridge or ford across the river, so it would be easier to open a second front.

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

Putting Malin and Darken in situations where they were too exposed, causing the enemy leader to rush out and kill him.
Attachments
DiD-Peaceful_Valley_replay.gz
(24.29 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

Konrad2
Forum Regular

Re: Scenario Review: DiD 2 - Peaceful Valley

Post by Konrad2 » August 28th, 2018, 9:55 am

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?

Challenging, Version 1.14.1

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

5, goblins can hit walking corpses quite hard. Stacking numbers is as always key. ^^

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

Clear.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

I like it, it's believable and plays well to Malins desires and weaknesses.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

Finding the right balance between going zombie apocalypse and overextending. One of them crushes the enemy, the other one makes your army disappear in a matter of one or two turns.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

8. It's unique.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

Some goblin reincorcements from an unexpected angle would spice it even more up. Probably. But best leave it as it is, I guess.

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

Overextending (see (5)).
Attachments
DiD-Peaceful Valley replay.gz
(16.45 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
I am a Ghost: I drain the life energy from other people to survive and am hated/feared by regular people. Non-regular people don't like me either though.