Scenario Review: SotBE 14 - Back Home

Feedback for the mainline campaign Son of the Black Eye.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

sine_nomine

Re: Scenario Review: SotBE 14 - Back Home

Post by sine_nomine » May 3rd, 2016, 12:43 pm

(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on?
Nightmare 1.12.4

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
271 starting gold

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Clear

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
clear (but I agree the ending dialogue could use some work)

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
Fighting off the initial group of loyalists and subsequent elves without major losses. I find it's best to fight on frozen land rather than dealing with the high evasion rates of castle terrain. You can set up a nice concave formation for the loyalists to walk into and you have time to retreat during the daytime.
I might have been lucky with my allies, but the way it worked out for me was perfect. You can't really help the northeast ally aside from diverting some attention with your trolls, but he can hold his own, and you can support with southeast ally with wolves.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
9.5, it's great.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Nothing

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
I restarted a couple times while trying to figure out how to endure the early attacks by loyalists and elves. The rest of the map went smoothly.
Attachments
SotBE-Back_Home_replay.gz
(100.82 KiB) Downloaded 103 times