Scenario 8: Ur Thorodor

Feedback for the mainline campaign Delfador’s Memoirs.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Paulomat4

Re: Scenario 8: Ur Thorodor

Post by Paulomat4 » March 15th, 2017, 9:45 pm

I'd like to remark that the Wose Shaman is missing the {AMLA_DEFAULT} Macro :)
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl

devavrata

Re: Scenario 8: Ur Thorodor

Post by devavrata » April 16th, 2017, 2:07 pm

Content Feedback wrote:1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on?
Battle for Wesnoth 1.8.3, Easy/Medium, Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.7 Hard.
Content Feedback wrote:(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
Content Feedback wrote:(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Clear
Content Feedback wrote:(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Clear, simple
Content Feedback wrote:(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
Water is pretty much the worst terrain, as it has only 20% defence bonus, so pretty much any attack will cause damage. Fighting with high-level units means that the attacks will cause a lot of damage. So, even though you can have more units and ultimately overwhelm the enemy, no unit is safe - you're bound to lose some units here, and that means you have to protect specially Delfador and Lionel if you don't want to lose. I have read on previous commentaries that the level was too difficult - probably it was changed, because when I played it the enemy would recruit units only in small numbers.
Content Feedback wrote:(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
Content Feedback wrote:(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
You have a deadly combo here: Water + High-level enemies. It's hard to work on that. Small number of enemy units: boring level. Not so small number of enemy units: unbeatable.
Content Feedback wrote:(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
No
Content Feedback wrote:(9) If you know a bit of the Wesnoth Markup Language - do you think that the WML of this scenario is clear and well commented? If not which part would you like to be documented better?
-