Scenario 9: Houses of the Dead

Feedback for the mainline campaign Delfador’s Memoirs.

Moderators: Developers, Forum Moderators

Re: Scenario 9: Houses of the Dead

Postby GoatGoat » August 16th, 2016, 2:38 am

It doesn't seem like a lot has changed in this scenario over the years, judging by the previous posts. In 1.13.5, I can't end the scenario at all, as reaching the signpost only causes Delfador to comment on how he needs to retrieve the artifact, regardless of whether or not I actually have it. Perhaps someone should look into how the "delf_has_staff" variable is stored? I only got around it once I edited one of my save files.

Aside from that, perhaps the undead gathered in this scenario should stay on side 1, that would alleviate some people's frustrations. It's also kind of odd to see the ghosts throw themselves at the skeletons and get slaughtered.
GoatGoat

Postby Tad_Carlucci » August 16th, 2016, 2:01 pm

The problem with Delfador not being able to finish the scenario has been fixed in 1.13.5+dev.

A number of corrections are in the pipeline; some may make it in, some may not. They mainly have to do with outright bugs and logic problems such as handling things not done in the expected order.

On the question of keeping Delfador's undead followers when he returns to the lands of the living: they do return when called upon by the story line but having them available throughout the intervening scenario did not make a lot of sense and runs the risk of losing them before you reach the point where they are required.

Delfador's Memoirs covers a lot of ground, over a number of years, and his recruitment options and troops available for recall change back and forth as Delfador moves through his life. Throughout most of the campaign, having him able to call upon undead followers would be just as illogical as having him able to call upon Loyalists when he is among the Elves or has joined the Rebels; or being able to call upon human troops he met 50 or 60 years earlier and expecting them to even remain alive (much less still in their prime).
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.
Tad_Carlucci
Developer

Postby GoatGoat » August 16th, 2016, 9:16 pm

Tad_Carlucci wrote:The problem with Delfador not being able to finish the scenario has been fixed in 1.13.5+dev.

A number of corrections are in the pipeline; some may make it in, some may not. They mainly have to do with outright bugs and logic problems such as handling things not done in the expected order.

On the question of keeping Delfador's undead followers when he returns to the lands of the living: they do return when called upon by the story line but having them available throughout the intervening scenario did not make a lot of sense and runs the risk of losing them before you reach the point where they are required.

Delfador's Memoirs covers a lot of ground, over a number of years, and his recruitment options and troops available for recall change back and forth as Delfador moves through his life. Throughout most of the campaign, having him able to call upon undead followers would be just as illogical as having him able to call upon Loyalists when he is among the Elves or has joined the Rebels; or being able to call upon human troops he met 50 or 60 years earlier and expecting them to even remain alive (much less still in their prime).

Sorry for the misunderstanding, about the ghosts, I just meant that they'd be on side 1 for this scenario and the next one. In this scenario, they're on the allied scenario and join the player's recruit list when it ends.
GoatGoat

Postby devavrata » April 19th, 2017, 10:53 pm

Content Feedback wrote:1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on?
Battle for Wesnoth 1.8.3, Easy/Medium, Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.7 Hard.
Content Feedback wrote:(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)
Content Feedback wrote:(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?
Clear, though the objectives don't mention the artifact.
Content Feedback wrote:(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?
Clear, the dialogs with the dead are fascinating.
Content Feedback wrote:(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?
Skeletons keep accumulating themselves. Delfador can kill only one by turn, so progress is depending on the help of the dead.
Content Feedback wrote:(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)
Content Feedback wrote:(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?
Hard to say. It's easy as it is, but adding the tiniest bit of enemies would make it difficult.
Content Feedback wrote:(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?
No
Content Feedback wrote:(9) If you know a bit of the Wesnoth Markup Language - do you think that the WML of this scenario is clear and well commented? If not which part would you like to be documented better?
-
devavrata

Previous

Return to Delfador’s Memoirs