Version 0.4.6

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Sounds like you played very well!

Hmm....so before you got all marksmen, and now you get all rangers, miyo? :-)

We may have reduced the power of marksmen/sharpshooters too far. Thoughts? Send them back to 70% chance to hit, or increase their attack power? Or do you think it's currently okay?

David
miyo

Post by miyo »

Dave wrote: Hmm....so before you got all marksmen, and now you get all rangers, miyo? :-)
Lots of Marksmen/Sharpshooters was a tactic to take out Naga's in scenario 3 and Wraiths in scenario 7. Now that Ranger/Avenger has night vision it is the unit for the job.
Dave wrote: We may have reduced the power of marksmen/sharpshooters too far. Thoughts? Send them back to 70% chance to hit, or increase their attack power? Or do you think it's currently okay?
Do not know. I quess I have to play the Campaign again and test different composition of units. But most likely you will make a new release before I get that done *grin*

- Miyo
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

miyo wrote: Do not know. I quess I have to play the Campaign again and test different composition of units. But most likely you will make a new release before I get that done *grin*
Well I will leave it the way it is for now. I don't want to whipsaw between paranoid reactions based on one testing report.

David
Czaxx

sharpshooters

Post by Czaxx »

Hi all,

From my experience sharpshooters do not hold a candle to avengers. Since they are both L3 characters, maybe sharpshooters should be beefed up a little to be at least comparable to avengers. Maybe giving them large to-hit bonuses for shooting from cover (eg. Forrest terrain, towns, mountains, etc.), making them into a sniper-style of unit would give them a sufficient advantage without making them too powerful. Just a thought :)

Cheers,

Czaxx.