Wesnoth 1.1

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dtw

Post by dtw »

Code: Select all

_svnmod=wesnoth
_svntrunk=svn://svn.gna.org/svn/wesnoth/trunk

build() {
  cd $startdir/src
  msg "Connecting to gna SVN server...."
  msg "Checking out $_svnmod"

svn co $_svntrunk --config-dir ./ -r $pkgver $_svnmod
  cd $_svnmod
  ./autogen.sh

msg "SVN checkout done or server timeout"
  msg "Starting make..."

rm -r ../$_svnmod-build
  mkdir ../$_svnmod-build

#cp -ru ../$_svnmod ../$_svnmod-build

cd ../$_svnmod-build
  #./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-sdltest --with-x --disable-gnome2 --disable-gnome1
  ../$_svnmod/configure --prefix=/usr --disable-sdltest --with-x --with-kde --enable-editor --with-gnome
  make || return 1
  make DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg install

rm -r $startdir/src/$_svnmod-build
}
I use this build script - has always worked ok in the past. TBH, from a linux distribution packagers perspective, unannounced changes that affect this type of build script can be a real pain in the ass and hardly endears distribution developers to the project...not saying that this is necessarily the case here :)
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Leo Tolstoi

Post by Leo Tolstoi »

Hello,

SVN'ed and compiled fine under SuSE 10. But ran into an error while playing HttT. When I try to move a lancer in 'Home of the North Elves' Wesnoth cashes to desktop with last message being

error display: could not open image 'lancer-moving.png'
Segmentation fault

Looked in the svn-dir as well as in the install-dir and the file cannot be found. Same ctd happens in any other scenario when trying to move a lancer. This wasn't the case in a svn dump from 18.12. .

Revision is 9387.

Edit: Sorry, was trunk and not 1.1 .
dtw

Post by dtw »

Seems my make errors where due to the gnome/kde desktop configure options. I disabled both and it built fine.
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
JW

Post by JW »

I want to say that 1.1 is amazing. It looks more mature, and the undead are actually playable now!!

I'll begin playing HttT on hard relatively soon and post my feedback (in the appropriate place of course).
lynx rufus

comments

Post by lynx rufus »

Hi,

I have run 1.1 on HttT, tDH and SoBE (both on easy) thus far and I have a couple of comments and one bug:

1. the mountains in particular are great!
2. the unit health bar is sometimes a bit hard to see... particularily in tDH;
3. in SoBE I made it to the seige of Barag Go'r and Gruu did not appear, nor did his dialogue and in the recall list was a Dwarf Lord... :shock:

Hope this helps...
arno

Post by arno »

JW wrote:, and the undead are actually playable now!!
?
JW

Post by JW »

arno wrote:
JW wrote:, and the undead are actually playable now!!
?
In 1.0 Undead were incredibly weak. Now they are not. They are in fact quite strong. They're actually my favorite faction.
arno

Post by arno »

JW wrote:
arno wrote: ?
In 1.0 Undead were incredibly weak. Now they are not. They are in fact quite strong. They're actually my favorite faction.

I find now them too strong, and that's the faction I'd put in the sixth position of my Top 5 prefered factions
:lol:
Slow

Post by Slow »

I see 1.1.1 is out.. is there a windows build coming soon? I'm foaming at the mouth in anticipation! :)