Wesnoth 0.6.99.4 released

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

I also noticed the big slowdown and a pose before the unit finished the move on a imac G3 600 mhz with 512 Mb RAM but only minor slowddown on a imac G4 1 Ghz with only 128 Mb RAM. The only time thre is some significant delay is with big/map many units. Actually the loading of save game is far faster since 0..6.9.9.2.
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
miyo

Post by miyo »

Could you test the speed issues with recent 0.6.99.5-CVS package, it can be found http://wesnoth.slack.it/?WesnothBinaries

- Miyo
ahwayakchih

Re: wacky mouse pointer

Post by ahwayakchih »

gandalf wrote:Hello. On my Linux box I have with this new version 0.6.99-4, some problem with the mouse pointer. It's not accurate, it's not lagging, it just points to the wrong area.
I just noticed the same here, on BeOS, but it happens only when You zoom in map :).
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

I just had to reply to Quartex's earlier post by saying that the machine I compile and test Wesnoth on is a 350MHz Blue'n'White G3 :D So I know how you feel ;-)
Eponymous-Archon

Post by Eponymous-Archon »

miyo wrote:Could you test the speed issues with recent 0.6.99.5-CVS package, it can be found http://wesnoth.slack.it/?WesnothBinaries

- Miyo
Scrolling is now painfully slow, at least in windowed mode, but play is otherwise much faster.

OS X binary is about 3MBs larger too.

BTW, is this using altivec (don't know that there's much need)?
The Eponymous Archon
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

I'm not sure if SDL uses AltiVec, but the MacOSX version is compiled without processor specific requirements (my binaries are compiled on a G3). As most routines are going through SDL, I'm not sure AltiVec would show a large improvement. Obviously processor specific scheduling / optimisations do help, but they also require multiple binaries.
miyo

Post by miyo »

Check your preferences, what is the setting for scrolling speed?

- Miyo
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

The scrolling problem can be solved by tweaking the preferences.

However, the storyboards before each scenario begins looks buggy. The text at the bottom of the screen scrolls too early.

But speed does feel improved.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
Eponymous-Archon

Post by Eponymous-Archon »

miyo wrote:Check your preferences, what is the setting for scrolling speed?
Yeah, that was it. Funny, I think it got reset somehow.

SDL does have altivec support (from what I can gather from a few quick googles). I'm not sure it would make much of a difference for this game though. :-)
The Eponymous Archon

Saving/Reloading and HP

Post by Guest »

Hey...Sorry about the guest thing. Can't remember my username, but it won't let me register with my email! Anywho...

In the new release, noticed a problem. When I save, and reload in the middle of a mission, many of the units I (or my enemy) have will go up to full hitpoints. This seems to affect my paladins, and their orcish warriors, but I'm not sure exactly which units it does effect. Wanted to give you a heads up.
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Send your email adress to dave and he should be able to delet your account and you could then make a new one.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
turin
Lord of the East

Re: Saving/Reloading and HP

Post by turin »

Anonymous wrote:Hey...Sorry about the guest thing. Can't remember my username, but it won't let me register with my email! Anywho...

In the new release, noticed a problem. When I save, and reload in the middle of a mission, many of the units I (or my enemy) have will go up to full hitpoints. This seems to affect my paladins, and their orcish warriors, but I'm not sure exactly which units it does effect. Wanted to give you a heads up.
I have know about this problem for a while, but i am not a programmer and am unable to fix it.

I have, however, done a little testing on it. It heals the units that were damaged in the previous turn completely. if a unit keeps the same health for over a turn, it will not be healed, but if it changes and, before a turn ends, you reload, it will be healed. At least, this is what i have assumed from the testing i hav done.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
miyo

Re: Saving/Reloading and HP

Post by miyo »

Anonymous wrote:In the new release, noticed a problem. When I save, and reload in the middle of a mission, many of the units I (or my enemy) have will go up to full hitpoints. This seems to affect my paladins, and their orcish warriors, but I'm not sure exactly which units it does effect. Wanted to give you a heads up.
Fixed already in CVS - http://changelog.wesnoth.org

- Miyo
miyo

Post by miyo »

Kamahawk wrote:Send your email adress to dave and he should be able to delet your account and you could then make a new one.
Or send the email address to me: miyo@iki.fi

- Miyo