scrolling problem in 0.6.1 on Mac

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Christophe33

scrolling problem in 0.6.1 on Mac

Post by Christophe33 »

From time to time during any scenario, the map start to scroll by itself full speed always in one direction, usually right or down and keep doing it till except if I hold on the key for the opposite direction. Quiting the scenario and loading it again doesn't solve the problem but quiting the game completely and restarting does.
I'm using a new iMac under system 10.2.8.
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Oh dear :-(

Are you playing in fullscreen or windowed, and have any other Mac users noticed this?
Slainte

Post by Slainte »

Also some details on your mouse type may help to catch this... It might be the wheel emulation layer in your exact config as SDL maps the mouse equivalent events on HARD-CODE for the wheel-up and wheel-down events
kilder
Translator

Post by kilder »

i run also an i mac and mac os x and i haven't noticed anything strange, even though i also have a mouse with a wheel.

however, one problem i noticed is when you run the game in windowed it scrolls much slower, and the buttons for the bars on the preferences dialog don't show up, but they do in full screen
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

When SDL progs run in a window they use normal Mac OS X double buffering. This allows all those fancy effects we know and love in OS X, but adds a definite speed hit. In fullscreen double buffering is not used at the OS level so things happen a lot faster.
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

kilder wrote:i run also an i mac and mac os x and i haven't noticed anything strange, even though i also have a mouse with a wheel.
I have a digital mouse. I found out that I can stop this problem by pushing simutanously on the "up and down" arrows (or left and right) and holding it for a few second. Then the game behave normally again.
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!