Wesnoth 0.9.0

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

darksteel

Post by darksteel »

I have 9.0 for MacOSX and when i open the game i get a message saying that i am missing the campaign Secptre of fire and then the game shuts off.

I dont know what to do??? :cry:
The darksteel eye

For a wesnoth strategie guide click here----------> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109
Kirit

Post by Kirit »

i had about the same problem... it said there was a tag missing in "tSoF" (tztztz..Turin ;) )

i just deleted the campaign and it worked...
By moonlight we ride ten thousands side by side
With swords drawn held high our whips and armour shine
Hail to thee our infantry still brave beyond the grave
All sworn the eternal vow the time to strike is now
isaac
Inactive Developer

Post by isaac »

Our great Beos packager said:
I've uploaded BeOS package to sf.net and updated Wiki :).

Regards
ahwayakchih
darksteel

Post by darksteel »

Question....... what does the trait dexous mean it pops up in my campaigns? :)
The darksteel eye

For a wesnoth strategie guide click here----------> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109
charlieg

Post by charlieg »

You should consider Autopackage support so that many different types of linux package will be unecessary.
Free Gamer - free games compendium & commentary
FreeGameDev - free game development community
catkit

Post by catkit »

May I say why window version in the download page is 8.11?
sanna

Post by sanna »

darksteel wrote:Question....... what does the trait dexous mean it pops up in my campaigns? :)
'dextrous' is a trait specific to elves, that makes them better archers. A dextrous elf make one more damage on ranged attacks.
Dwarvish Bard

Post by Dwarvish Bard »

sanna wrote:
darksteel wrote:Question....... what does the trait dexous mean it pops up in my campaigns? :)
'dextrous' is a trait specific to elves, that makes them better archers. A dextrous elf make one more damage on ranged attacks.
FYI, it's not in the interactive help system.

Also, did something happen to 'loyal'? I've run the first scenario of HttT to turn 3, and there's not a 'loyal' unit anywhere on the map.
Burnsaber

Post by Burnsaber »

Dwarvish Bard wrote: Also, did something happen to 'loyal'? I've run the first scenario of HttT to turn 3, and there's not a 'loyal' unit anywhere on the map.
It has been removed as it was unbalanced.
Read about the adventurers of my pen & paper RPG group

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on." - Guess who?
Dwarvish Bard

Post by Dwarvish Bard »

isaac wrote:You probably will need to fix some things too, as there have been some changes that may have broken user campaigns.
Is there a list somewhere? I've got an early draft of a campaign, and the big pile of startup error messages don't seem to relate to the specified line/column of the file it complains about. For example, the seemingly innocuous

Code: Select all

hitpoints=35
triggers

Code: Select all

error general: Error loading game configuration files: Unexpected characters after variable name (expected , or =) in file [blah] (line 8, column 12)
I did see a mention somewhere that tags such as [movement costs] need to be changed to [movement_costs], and fixing those made a lot of other errors go away, but I can't grok the one quoted above.

Also, FWIW, the campaign "Liberty" keeps 0.9.0 from starting, but deleting the campaign out of ~/.wesnoth/data/campaigns allows the game to start.
Dwarvish Bard

Post by Dwarvish Bard »

sanna wrote:
What is the rationale for restricting it to Elves?
sanna

Post by sanna »

Dwarvish Bard wrote:Also, did something happen to 'loyal'? I've run the first scenario of HttT to turn 3, and there's not a 'loyal' unit anywhere on the map.
'loyal' is no longer a trait assigned randomly to units. It may however still be given to a specific unit by a campaign designer, but does now mean that the unit has zero upkeep.
varradami

Post by varradami »

It's already in Gentoo's Portage repository - marked as stable too - that was fast! :shock: I'm a little afraid to emerge it just yet though.

Forgive me if this is a stupid newbie question, but will saves from 0.8.11 work on 0.9.0? I'd started the campaign, and while I haven't gotten too far yet (Siege of Elensefar), I'd rather not have to play that over again.
lynx

Post by lynx »

Saves should work.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

varradami wrote:Forgive me if this is a stupid newbie question, but will saves from 0.8.11 work on 0.9.0? I'd started the campaign, and while I haven't gotten too far yet (Siege of Elensefar), I'd rather not have to play that over again.
They will, although sometimes it gives 'errors' when you try to load them; just click 'ok' to all the dialogs, and it'll load anyway.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.