Wesnoth 0.9.0

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lynx

Post by lynx »

Only the campaign one works.
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

lynx wrote:Only the campaign one works.
I do not update the map editor as part of the MacOSX package. There are other users who do this. At one point I did, but the editor has evolved so that to keep to the Mac look and Human Engineering philosophies I hold dear would require quite a bit of work.

Other users have been compiling and releasing Mac binaries and I am sure these will be updated soon.

The Campaign editor is now in the application, the source code available and the map editor within it working.
teak

sdelta file on www.ibiblio.org/sdelta

Post by teak »

how about posting update patches on wesnoth.org or sourceforge. perhaps a link to ibiblio would be possible.
people compiling wesnoth from source could save a lot of bandwith.

Post by newbie »

Umm.. is the windows version out yet??
addicted to this game would be an understatement <(@.@)> .
Buzzard

Post by Buzzard »

Hooray for the new version! The new sprites are amazing, and I am glad the scenerio editor now works.
dtw

Post by dtw »

So they idea about stating/explaining which releases are ready and which weren't (and why) on the homepage still proves to be too much work, eh?

Post by newbie »

Is the windows version out yet????????????????

Yes/No??

good job on the version... i guess..
addicted to this game would be an understatement <(@.@)> .
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

No, and I don't see why you would think it is if there have been several posts saying it isn't yet, and no announcement since then that it is...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

i think you need to wait to ver 1.0 to get win version :irritated:
it cant be more popular whenn there isnt win version :roll:
scott

Post by scott »

tomsik wrote:i think you need to wait to ver 1.0 to get win version :irritated:
it cant be more popular whenn there isnt win version :roll:
Does it matter if the game is popular? Is that a goal of the game? No.
Besides, everyone is free to make their own win version. Nothing's stopping you.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Mikup

Post by Mikup »

Actually, I'd love to make a windows version to get to play it sooner but I lack the skills :cry:

Therefore, those of you who are more intelligent than me can make the windows version and please hurry up, I'm dying to get to play it. :)
"Homma hanskassa, hanskat hukassa"
dtw

Post by dtw »

I think an arguement that says you should only annouce a release when it is ready for the most popular platform would be quite strong - assuming windows is the main platform you can see why people are impatient....

Not that I care, i also just think that information flow could be better
lynx

Post by lynx »

Yes, let windows drag everyone behind, who needs progress anyway?

"Linux is like a wigwam, no Windows, no Gates an an Apache inside."
scott

Post by scott »

dibblethewrecker wrote:I think an arguement that says you should only annouce a release when it is ready for the most popular platform
But when it's released, it IS ready for the most popular platform. The official project only releases the source code. The executables are provided by volunteers. So someone should step up and volunteer to provide the community with an executable. In another thread someone has: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

dibblethewrecker wrote:I think an arguement that says you should only annouce a release when it is ready for the most popular platform would be quite strong - assuming windows is the main platform you can see why people are impatient....
We only release the source code officially. Everything else is contributed. We're not going to let any platform lag progress.
dibblethewrecker wrote: Not that I care, i also just think that information flow could be better
What has been wrong with the 'information flow'? The person who usually releases the Window binaries (that'd be me) has been busy and so hasn't done a Windows binary for 0.9.0. Current plan is to wait til 0.9.1 has been released and then do one.

This is what has been stated in several other places in the forums. What exactly is unclear about this?

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming