Wesnoth 1.14.6

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Wesnoth 1.14.6

Post by Pentarctagon »

Wesnoth 1.14.6 is out!

This is a regular maintenance release for the stable 1.14.x series, delivering bug fixes and translation updates. As is the norm for updates to the current stable series, this release is fully compatible with previous 1.14.x versions.

A full list of changes and new features added since version 1.12 can be found in the release notes for this series.

Changes since 1.14.5

Read on for more details about the most notable fixes and additions since the previous stable release. A full list of changes may be found in our changelog.

General
Dead Water:
  • S12: Slightly rebalanced enemy reinforcements and ai gold.
Descent Into Darkness:
  • Allow converting L3 necromancers to liches from S12 onwards (issue #3165).
  • Added an alternative method of completing the campaign (issue #3167).
  • S8, S9 (A Small Favor II & III): Clarify objectives (PR #3711).
  • S8 (A Small Favor II): Fixed units created via the plague ability not available in S9. (PR #3711).
Sceptre of Fire:
  • S1&2: Increased difficulty.
  • S6: Additional guards for the elves.
Secrets of the Ancients:
  • S01 Slipping Away: It is now obvious that the wild animals cannot cross the fences.
  • S02 Dark Business: Simplify scenario by removing the temporary invisible starting keep.
  • S05 Blackwater: Additional dialog from Ardonna at the start.
  • S11 Battleground: Ghosts are now able to be recruited after the scenario is complete.
  • S15 Mountain Pass: Bird bones moves so bird is easier to keep alive when discovered.
  • S21 Against the World: Leader of the elves is now same elf from S12.
  • S21 Against the World: Adjustment so player doesn't have to chase down some leaders at the end.
  • Proper animation for finding the bird bones.
  • Newly made liches will now receive a move point upon transformation if they weren't recalled this turn and haven't moved yet.
The Hammer of Thursagan
  • S12 'The Underlevels': redesigned with completely new map and scenario.
Northern Rebirth:
  • Fix loyal units obtained in S7 costing upkeep (introduced in 1.14.5).
  • S13: Improvement to the AIs.
The Rise of Wesnoth:
  • S15: Victory text is not used upon hero death.
  • S17d: Enemy units are killed upon victory except for bats.
  • S22: Cuttlefish now have the loyal icon.
The South Guard:
  • Revised scenario and story dialogue.
  • Reworked and rebalanced all scenario and map designs.
  • Removed S6a 'Tidings Good and Ill'.
Tutorial:
  • S2: Wolf riders are not initially recruited, to not hinder the player from reaching the island in time.
  • Fix stale temporary bans continuing to have an effect on players until cleared by phpBB on the next ban/unban operation.
  • Fix wesnoth.set_dialog_callback calling the function immediately when used in the previous callback (issue #3794).
  • Fix wesnoth.set_dialog_value not triggering re-layout (issue #3572).
  • wml.tostring() now outputs a string that can be parsed back to WML without loss of data.
  • Fix regression: Game Load screen would not select 1.12 savegames (issue #3561).
  • Fix regression: the in-game "Observers" icon (an eye) was covered by the minimap (issue #3543).
  • Increase step size when clicking sliders in the MP Create Game dialog (issue #3552).
  • Fix overlapping top bar elements with small screen resolutions (issue #3714).
  • Don't scroll to an invisible unit that recruits another invisible unit (issue #3559).
  • When a recruited unit is fogged, scroll to the recruiting unit and play recruit animation (issue #3577).
  • Fix line breaks in first statistics line in unit type pages in the help (issue #3256).
  • Don't scroll to an enemy unit that teleports to or from an invisible hex (PR #3578).
  • Don't show in the sidebar the time of day schedule of a shrouded hex (PR #3638).
  • Game Load screen gracefully handles savefiles that can't be parsed (issue #3652).
  • The sidebar now shows alignment and damages as they would be on the hex under the mouse, rather than at the unit's current location (PR #3642).
  • When a unit has multiple statuses (slowed/poisoned/invisible/etc), the sidebar shows all of them, not just the first (issue #3197).
  • Fixed being able to dismiss a game lobby by pressing Esc.
  • Fixed multiple severe issues in the classic theme.
  • The "Attack Enemy" dialog now shows inactive weapon specials in gray (PR #3686).
  • Taking screenshots in title screen is possible again (issue #3235).
  • The "Recruit Unit" dialog is searchable by unit type name (PR #3787).
  • Add text filter to hotkeys preferences (PR #3759).
  • Hide leader in status table if it's unfogged but invisible (PR #3854).
  • macOS: Dark GUI on macOS Mojave and later when dark appearance is enabled.
  • Fix crash with custom themes on desktop PCs (issue #3599).
  • Add --campaign-skip-story command line switch for skipping directly to turn 1 (issue #3472).
  • Remove --data option, --data-path has the same functionality.
  • Fix documentation of --render-image command line switch (issue #3568).
  • Update manpage with options previously only documented by wesnoth --help.
  • Fix wrong ordering for BW / BF years, for example in Play a Campaign when sorted by date (issue #3187).
  • GUI.pyw can now terminate a running maintenance script.
  • Fix SDL_DestroyRenderer assertion failure under XMonad (part of issue #3716).
  • Fix map item names not being translated in the scenario editor.
  • Usernames specified in the MP UI and command line are now stripped of leading and trailing whitespace, including newlines.
  • Show ability of a selected unit as active/inactive with respect to mouseover hex (issue #3912).
  • Wesnoth now uses the app sandboxing feature, which means there is a new location for saves. All saves will be migrated during first launch automatically. For info about backwards compatibility see here
Known Issues
General bugs:
  • OneDrive can interfere with Wesnoth’s user config/data directory set-up, leading to all kinds of different manifestations of the issue. There’s no fix available yet. The recommendation for the time being is to avoid syncing the Wesnoth user directory with OneDrive.
General bugs:
  • Preprocessor errors corrupt cache (issue #1924). If this happens you have to wipe your cache. That can be done in Preferences → Cache.

Downloads
Source code (451.8 MB)
SHA256 sum: 45d2a05320e145b0b1bc9d16d68391945a98375c910a0ea7720e613bf867832b
Windows installer (408.3 MB)
SHA256 sum: 0741a229e1a7da84392b7ce6424fdca3ccb0d84588ac86233d64f4102dfb973e
macOS package (465.2 MB)
SHA256 sum: da59233f1e3648fc2aa8931dd8d472a6097a09c3bf2fe45895c2cad62f107fc0
All known Linux packagers have been contacted, and binaries for your distribution may have already been created. Information about where to get the respective binaries and how to install them, including via Flatpak, can be found on the Linux binaries page in the wiki.
The multiplayer server for 1.14.x is up and running. This server allows players using all stable releases from this series, including the 1.14 release candidates (1.13.12 and after).

The add-ons server for 1.14.x is already running. It was started for 1.13.12 and it serves all stable releases from this series.
If you encounter any problems involving add-ons not working as expected, please notify the content’s author or maintainer.

If you find any bugs, do not hesitate to report them, but please read the instructions on how to report bugs first! As bug reports in the forums tend to be forgotten, you will get better results using our bug tracker. We need your help for finding and fixing issues, no matter how obvious, trivial, or complicated they seem!

Have fun!
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
KoradV

Re: Wesnoth 1.14.6

Post by KoradV »

My windows doesn't let me run app 1.14.6, and I don't know how to run it :)). Thank for your help.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

KoradV wrote: March 6th, 2019, 8:52 am My windows doesn't let me run app 1.14.6, and I don't know how to run it :)). Thank for your help.
Is it this issue? If not, you're going to need to provide more details of what the problem is.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

Was there a new campaign added the the game from the last version? Because i didn't get it last patch.
Competitive Wesnoth. For the fans by the fans.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

The South Guard was revised in 1.14.6, Descent into Darkness will be revised in 1.14.7, Wings of Victory will be added in 1.15.0.
Vilebeggar

Post by Vilebeggar »

josteph wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 11:49 am The South Guard was revised in 1.14.6, Descent into Darkness will be revised in 1.14.7, Wings of Victory will be added in 1.15.0.
What did they change in the south guard exactly?
Competitive Wesnoth. For the fans by the fans.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

There's some info in the changelog in the first post of this thread. I haven't played TSG since it was revised so I don't know more than that.
Tad_Carlucci
Inactive Developer

Post by Tad_Carlucci »

The philosphy of the campaign (TSG) was kept, along with the main players. A scene was dropped. A lot of the dialog was rewritten to be more clear and better tell the story. This is a new-player campaign. If it's been a while since you last played it, and you only vaguely recall the plot-line, you probably won't notice much of a change..
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.
SPath8

Post by SPath8 »

Hi Guys

New to the forum but have been playing Wesnorth for years. I have been trying to download 1.14.6 but it seems as if the SourceForge site is down? Ive tried links through the Wesnorth website and other external sites and keep getting the same error:

This site can’t provide a secure connection sourceforge.net sent an invalid response.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Can anyone confirm if the links are working? If so it may be an issue on my end.

Thanks for your help!
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

It works for me currently, at least. Maybe try with a different browser?
Ruvaak

Post by Ruvaak »

Steam version passed to 1.14.7, but no communication of download off-steam nowhere for now. Was the steam update a mistake maybe ?
Creator of Advance Wesnoth Wars mod
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Ruvaak wrote: April 13th, 2019, 2:11 pm Steam version passed to 1.14.7, but no communication of download off-steam nowhere for now. Was the steam update a mistake maybe ?
No, it is a new version. However, for better or worse, the current approach to doing releases is to push it out on Steam first then update everywhere else.
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

> However, for better or worse, the current approach to doing releases is to push it out on Steam first then update everywhere else.

From a user perspective I find that very confusing.

Would it not be better to sync-release all at the same time + announcement?
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Pushing the Steam update is a lot more convenient than our external release process. I figure it's better to get the update to our Steam players quickly that holding off waiting for us to deal with all the boilerplate of the external release.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

So I suppose the right place to ask is here... for those of us who depend on other packagers who still have 1.14.5 as their latest version, do you know whether those packagers will skip directly to 1.14.7, or will they first upload to 1.14.16 and then to 1.14.7?