Wesnoth 1.14.4

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

chol

Re: Wesnoth 1.14.4

Post by chol »

ScrubLord

Post by ScrubLord »

Did they fix the eastern invasion unit spawn bug in this one?
profyverya

Post by profyverya »

When Wesnoth 1.15 would be out?
Creator of The World of Death RPG, maintainer of Soldier of Wesnoth
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

ScrubLord wrote: July 26th, 2018, 9:27 pm Did they fix the eastern invasion unit spawn bug in this one?
From the changelog:

Code: Select all

* Eastern Invasion:
     * Fixed missing prisoners and loss of recallable units in 'Captured'.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

profyverya wrote: July 28th, 2018, 6:07 am When Wesnoth 1.15 would be out?
It won't be for quite awhile. Maybe about a year from now? That's a very, very rough estimate though. Could be less, or even significantly more.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
enclave

Post by enclave »

There is still currently a bug that often causes OOS after hitting UNDO in multiplayer.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

we cannot fix think things unless you give us a concreate way to reproduce it. Also is quite likely that it's caused by an addon that used [allow_undo] in a wrong way, did you use addons when having this problem?
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
enclave

Post by enclave »

no i'm 99% sure there was no add-on in use, specially with allow_undo tags. It was happening many times now, on isar map. I will try to think of how to reproduce it, but so far it looks like it happens randomly (it not always gives OOS on undo), and OOS disappear if you move exactly in the same place after undo, which makes sense.. hard to think of how to reproduce something like that if I don't know the possible allow_undo code holes, so I thought I would mention it in case if you could think of something straight away.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Ok so when exactly do you get the oos message? Directly after undoing?

Also please remember what with versions the participating players use, you can type '/q version <player name>' to check which with versions the players use.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
enclave

Post by enclave »

Didn't know the /q version command!
Yeah I think it was happening directly after undoing, I will gather more information for you (using /q version as well)
fun

Post by fun »

Byron wrote: July 24th, 2018, 9:15 am I still use 1.10.7 a lot because I like some add-ons that haven't been maintained, to be compatible, with newer versions of the game. I downloaded these from Source Forge via this site. To be clear, this isn't safe anymore? Should I wait for a patch, that might not be coming, or should I uninstall this & 1.12.6 ASAP?
How addons like from 1.10.7?
Byron

Post by Byron »

Are you asking me which add-ons from 1.10.7 that I like?

Elves & Wose, Shameless Crossover Excuse, Militia, Archery Training & Besieged Druids. Even though I've been playing for a long time, I only play novice campaigns because I don't play to test myself or to prove something to myself; I only play to relax (it's an old man thing.) Even so, the first two contain some challenging scenarios.

Even though the new versions of the game are more visually appealing, there is nothing actually wrong with this older version.

P.S. I've only listed the ones that I like which are not on the other servers. I also like Swamplings, The Case of the Missing Scepter, The Drums of War & Ghostly Calls.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Byron wrote: July 31st, 2018, 7:39 pm Besieged Druids
This is almost ready to upload to the 1.14 addons server. I expect it'll be up by the end of the week. Note though that the name has changed (see my signature).

(By the way, it's also currently on the 1.12 addons server under the same new name, so it doesn't actually qualify for the conditions of your list.)
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

I was thinking of this. Thanks for watching out! :)
chol

Post by chol »

.. cause this time it's a security patch ..