Wesnoth 1.14.4

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BTIsaac

Re: Wesnoth 1.14.4

Post by BTIsaac »

Not related but that is a WEIRD way to translate "Thug".
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

enclave wrote: August 7th, 2018, 10:27 am
As I could understand the fix will be applied to 1.14.5 as well? I will wait for that one :) Thanks very much!
ok we fixed the crashes shadowm mentioned and restarted the server, the mentioned OOS should no longer happen
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
enclave

Post by enclave »

even on 1.14.4? cool!

New thing.. For some reason i can't observe games now, I loop on "Getting game data.." forever.
Actually now I can't join any games too :D I hope tomorrow things return back to normal :D
looks like it's back to normal, at least I could observe 1 of games i randomly picked.

Forgot to mention before, the most weird things happen when somebody leaves games or dc, the server doesnt specify who left or that somebody left, instead just something like "Player 2 takes control of side 3" (host took over a player who left, but server doesnt say that somebody left)
Last edited by enclave on August 11th, 2018, 9:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

Bob_The_Mighty wrote: August 7th, 2018, 8:29 pm 2. The floating labels float by much too fast. I'm talking about the floating labels that are generated through WML (rather than through combat or healing). For instance, you can create a floating label by unstoring a unit or using [floating_text]. In both cases, the labels fly skyward at such a rate it is hard to read them.
They move at a reasonable speed here (tested DiD S7 and HttT S17). Do you have "Accelerated speed" enabled in preferences?
enclave

Post by enclave »

josteph wrote: August 11th, 2018, 6:33 pm They move at a reasonable speed here (tested DiD S7 and HttT S17). Do you have "Accelerated speed" enabled in preferences?
indeed, if it's 16x I wouldnt expect to see labels floating slowly, would be a bit weird..
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

I see utils folder is still not included, kind of moot to provide gui.pyw when the wmlxgettext it depends on to work with is missing.
Can anyone simply provide me with the utils folder so i can proceed creating .po files for my stuff ?
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

josteph wrote: August 11th, 2018, 6:33 pmThey move at a reasonable speed here (tested DiD S7 and HttT S17). Do you have "Accelerated speed" enabled in preferences?
Nope, it happens at standard game speed.
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Eagle_11 wrote: August 15th, 2018, 11:10 am I see utils folder is still not included, kind of moot to provide gui.pyw when the wmlxgettext it depends on to work with is missing.
Can anyone simply provide me with the utils folder so i can proceed creating .po files for my stuff ?
You can download the entire repository as a zip file on Wesnoth's Github page, which would include the utils folder.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Pentarctagon wrote: August 15th, 2018, 11:58 pm
Eagle_11 wrote: August 15th, 2018, 11:10 am I see utils folder is still not included, kind of moot to provide gui.pyw when the wmlxgettext it depends on to work with is missing.
You can download the entire repository as a zip file on Wesnoth's Github page, which would include the utils folder.
I need only the utils folder. Why should the end-user learn to use git then re-download the entire client in order to get it ? Can those utils not get provided elseway in an easy to obtain method, like can it not be attached to an thread inside wml workshop or provided as an seperate download on the downloads section of the site here, something like that.
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

It could probably just be packaged on the release/ location of the given github page.

But perhaps heavy git-users forgot how to provide oldschool tarballs ... need all
their brain power to remember the git commands. ;)
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

No one has to learn how to use git - there's a button on the web page to download it as a zip file:
Screenshot_2018-08-16 wesnoth wesnoth.png
Screenshot_2018-08-16 wesnoth wesnoth.png (11.8 KiB) Viewed 9267 times
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

it's still be better if it d just ship with wesnoth in particular since downloading that is quite big, also iirc we agreed on that already when we had this discussion last time. It's probably just that no one found the time yet to actually fix it.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

Would a git submodule be a good idea? It would make the download smaller. If that's too complicated for the development setup, forget that I said anything.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

@Eagle_11 @gfgtdf utils/ should be included in the tarball, is it some other format that it's not included in?

@Bob No idea then. I'm using 1.14.4 from git on Linux.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

The easiest way is probably to "physically" move the program from utils into data/tools (and obviously update where GUI.pyw, scons, and CMake look for it accordingly). As far as I know, the program consists of one file and one directory, so it shouldn't be difficult to move.

There's a whole lot of stuff in utils that doesn't really belong in a release package, too, so moving it makes more sense in that regard as well.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.