CVS snapshots (Savannah online)

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

miyo

CVS snapshots (Savannah online)

Post by miyo »

Greetings,

we are switching back to Savannah CVS, which means you can do public checkouts. This means there will no more snapshot source tarballs.

- Miyo
lala

Post by lala »

Have some troubles compiling CVS after an update. 'configure' runs fine. First tried configure, make clean. it started complaining on 'automake'.
Ran ./configure, 'automake', 'make (clean)' in several orders and always with 'make (clean)' came the message

autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory.

I can't get past this. There is a file 'config.h.in', though...
:?: :(
miyo

Post by miyo »

I think you are first supposed to run automake, then ./configure. Though automake has been run on CVS so you usually don't have to care about that, just run ./configure, make and finally make install.

- Miyo
ziberpunk

Post by ziberpunk »

lala wrote: autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory.
This probably means that you have an old version of automake, problably 1.4. You'll need automake-1.7 to make this work.
lala

Post by lala »

Can somebody run automake in CVS? It would make me :D :D
ziberpunk

Post by ziberpunk »

Automake is done in CVS, but the problem is that file times don't change properly. It may work if you do:

Code: Select all

touch Makefile.in src/Makefile.in src/server/Makefile.in src/tools/Makefile.in
ziberpunk

Post by ziberpunk »

I've added a new file to CVS called autogen.sh. Just run it before running configure and make shouldn't require any of the autotools now.
lala

Post by lala »

Thanks! There are a bit more 'touches' in there and it's in the process of compiling at the moment.

As promised: :D :D
ziberpunk

Post by ziberpunk »

lala wrote:Thanks! There are a bit more 'touches' in there and it's in the process of compiling at the moment.

As promised: :D :D
Yes, a few more touches were required. Glad to see it works now :)