Wesnoth 1.13.14 (1.14 Release Candidate 3)

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vultraz
Developer

Wesnoth 1.13.14 (1.14 Release Candidate 3)

Post by vultraz »

Wesnoth 1.13.14 (1.14 RC 3) is out!

Dun dun dun! We're closing in on 1.14! This update is purely a bugfix release; we've squashed a whole bunch from the serious to the pesky. We don't anticipate another release candidate before 1.14 proper, so be sure to report any issues to find right now!

Again, the 1.14 add-on server is up and running, so go ahead and upload your creations!
  • Playtest the game, try out some of the API additions for content creators, and write down your observations in a notebook or similar.
  • If you encounter issues, don’t panic; instead, grab some bug spray and protective gear, and head directly to our instructions for reporting bugs. Most importantly, keep in mind that we can’t know about any bugs you encounter unless you report them to us!
  • Near the end of the release notes below you will find a list of the most important bugs known at the time of release. Some items are due to be fixed in the next release, but for others we depend on contributed patches from volunteer coders like you! (If you are a coder, that is.)
  • Check our bug tracker for a full list of bugs and feature requests, including other bugs found after the release was published.

Changes

Read on for more details about the most notable fixes and additions in this release:
General
A server-side exploit specific to 1.13.x that would allow malicious users to fake MP chat messages from any sender (including the server itself) has been fixed.
  • Saves of Under the Burning Suns from ALL previous versions are no longer supported. The next release will include a patch addressing this for old 1.13.x saves using the new elves, but saves using the 1.12.x elves will remain unsupported.
  • The Rise of Wesnoth now features a new set of story screen art drawn by LordBob.
  • Fixed minor issues in The Hammer of Thursagan scenario 12 (“The Underlevels”).
  • Swapped the position and formatting of game names and titles in the MP lobby and made the Faction Select button’s purpose clearer in the game setup screen, as per player feedback.
  • Added team color to a few background units missing it in Aethermaw.
  • Unit descriptions in the help browser use the new multiplication sign format for attack lists now (issue #2873).
  • Added a button to the Load Game dialog to open the saves folder.
  • Removed the Font Scaling preference. It was too buggy (issues #2792 and #1624).
  • Fixed some hotkeys triggering multiple commands on GNU/Linux (bug #1736).
  • Fixed [modify_side] share_vision=yes not doing anything (bug #2850).
  • Fixed regression where unit filters in [disable] weapon specials would not match the attacking unit.
  • Fixed images with no alpha channel rendering incorrectly.
  • Fixed unit selection not persisting between uses of Create Unit.
  • Fixed assertion when undoing actions in a synced context.
  • [filter_wml] no longer accepts [and] and [or] in addition to [not] since the implementation was non-functional.
  • Fixed some MP passwords being saved incorrectly (issue #2745)
  • Fixed AI not recruiting in some circumstances when there are only cheap units on the recall list.
  • Fixed sometimes being unable to join MP games with non-required eras.
  • Fixed locations not being added to the palette when loading a map (#1023)
Known Issues
General bugs:
  • The game can crash when planning recruits in Planning Mode.
  • Preprocessor errors corrupts cache (#1924). If this happens you have to wipe your cache. That can be done in Preferences → Cache.
Bugs specific to macOS:
  • Trackpad tap clicking is sometimes not recognized (forum post).
  • Unofficial builds with OpenMP support enabled randomly freeze (bug #1260).

Downloads
Source code (434.9 MB)
SHA256 sum: 0d01af8499cd9eb3906d293cbfba492fadd5f9d5b8dc97a08923b7c6319ebb1b
Windows installer (395.9 MB)
SHA256 sum: f490f86459e6a95fc92fb44b9b0ab94245e22047f72176cc53cfb75466e04013
macOS installer (439.1 MB)
SHA256 sum: 9436fc0e9231b9bfeb06f11a4175ba573fbef42d28ec8e4f7eaa332dc8463c16
All known Linux packagers have been contacted, and binaries for your distribution may have already been created. Information about where to get the respective binaries or how to install them can be found on the Linux binaries page in the wiki.
The multiplayer server for 1.13.x is up and running. This server can only be used to play with other players running the latest development version.

The add-ons server for 1.14.x is already running. It was started for 1.13.12 and it serves all stable releases from this series.
If you encounter any problems involving add-ons not working as expected, please notify the content’s author or maintainer.

If you find any bugs, do not hesitate to report them, but please read the instructions on how to report bugs first! As bug reports in the forums tend to be forgotten, you will get better results using our bug tracker. We need your help for finding and fixing issues, no matter how obvious, trivial or complicated they seem!

Have fun!
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Eagle_11

Re: Wesnoth 1.13.14 (1.14 Release Candidate 3)

Post by Eagle_11 »

regarding the font scaling: Its maybe an better idea to create an wide-screen version of the UI for larger screens, that can be selected by the user in settings.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

I don't think we can easily do that with the time we have.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this but I noticed that if un-named abilities are used they are still seen seperated with a comma in the unit description.

For example if my ability "Immune to slow" has no name: name="" a comma is seen in the unit description which looks funny.

Not a big deal though.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

What if it has no name attribute at all, rather than name=""? The engine can distinguish between these two cases (but no idea whether it does in this context), so it might make a difference.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

From what I remember of the help code, it doesn't check either empty or blank.
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Code for the ability inspire (note: I realize it is outdated and i will update with the new filter options at some point). It is duplicated 5 times for each level (0-4)

Code: Select all

[leadership]
        id=ROLinspire_1
        value=10
        cumulative=no
        affect_self=no
        [affect_adjacent]
            adjacent=n,ne,se,s,sw,nw
            [filter]
                level=1
            [/filter]
        [/affect_adjacent]
    [/leadership]
Image of what happens:
Spoiler:
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

vultraz wrote: April 19th, 2018, 11:12 pm From what I remember of the help code, it doesn't check either empty or blank.
Was he talking about help? I thought he meant reports (on the sidebar). Not that it matters, what I said still holds.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

I assumed he was talking abut help. But the sidebar is a possibility, too...
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

I was talking about help as seen by the screen shot above... ;)

I didn't notice any with the sidebar.
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

i have a question. the filter_weapon filter for leadership and resistance abilities is not put in 1.13.14. it will be in 1.14? or the idea is abandonned?
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

I just finished the campaign Northern Rebirth and in the last scenario The Showdown I noticed a strange behavior of the Raksas side: it recruited unit the first turn, and then it don't move these reruited units until one of my units approaches the useful distance to be attacked.

in short, the Raksas side is totally inactive in the first part of the battle, a part the garrison units upon the walls. That's the right behavior?

I posted the replay of the game
Attachments
NR-Showdown replay.gz
(221.3 KiB) Downloaded 613 times
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Post by SigurdFireDragon »

Hmmm... I don't remember seeing this behavior 2-3 months ago when I was doing a playthrough/ & fixes, but it's clear from the code that protecting 30,30 (Rakshas's location) is intended to be the highest priority for side 2. Not sure what, if anything, to do about it at the moment.
Co-Author of Winds of Fate
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Erfworld: The comic that lead me to find Wesnoth.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

newfrenchy83 wrote: April 20th, 2018, 10:32 am i have a question. the filter_weapon filter for leadership and resistance abilities is not put in 1.13.14. it will be in 1.14? or the idea is abandonned?
It won't be in any 1.14 version. It's in master, so when 1.15.0 comes out it will be in that version.
newfrenchy83
Code Contributor

Post by newfrenchy83 »

1.15? i must be patient before to see there modèle fication in 1.16 stable. i hoped propose leadership abilitities to @shikadiqueen for an possible sequel of ats but i let this in stand by. but i understand tje reason of security. thank you.