0.6.2 save bug

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

KK_r

0.6.2 save bug

Post by KK_r »

After I completed the lost general I saved the game as usually and the save should piont to the beginning of a hasty alliance. But instead it points to turn 27 on the lost general and that was the turn I went to eat dinner on and saved the game. All other saves is working because then I didn't save during the levels.
KK_r

Post by KK_r »

tried to do it again and got thrown back to dwarven doors, not in the beginning but at turn 17
KK_r

Post by KK_r »

I recruited a dwarf berserker on first turn in a hasty alliance and it died so I thought I could load the auto-save, I did and there is no Defaldor or Kalenz as before
KK_r

Post by KK_r »

And now my saves keep being corrupt but at least the game tells my so
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I have implemented some fixes to saved games which will be available in the next snapshot, but I'm not sure if they will fix all these problems.

Please test with the next snapshot and let us know if it works!

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
KK_r

Post by KK_r »

ok, will do as soon as I can get the new version working. Having the same problem as mentioned in another thread.
KK_r

Post by KK_r »

There is still problem but it could be my save-files that are corrupt since they are from the other snapshot. Should there be information in the save files about more than the current level? Cuz mine are full of that. I will load a savefile that I know is alright and try to play the levels again. I'll post the results later.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

KK_r wrote:There is still problem but it could be my save-files that are corrupt since they are from the other snapshot. Should there be information in the save files about more than the current level? Cuz mine are full of that. I will load a savefile that I know is alright and try to play the levels again. I'll post the results later.
Yes, please try with save files you know are good, and then let us know if they become corrupted with the new version.

Thanks!

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
KK_r

Post by KK_r »

I've played from Mountain pass to the lost general and the saves looks fine this time, I'll report if there is any problem later on but right now I gotta spend some time on the holiday not being able to play BfW :(