Wesnoth 1.13.8 (1.14 Beta 1)

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gfgtdf
Developer

Re: Wesnoth 1.13.8 (1.14 Beta 1)

Post by gfgtdf »

seems like you are trying to use [unstore_unit] with an invalid variable, (the wml data that [unstore_unit]variable= points to is not a unit wml)

EDIT: oh and the erromessae also says the [unstore_unit] tag was found somehere in a [while] tag.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Right, but it's worked fine for almost two years, so it's not a simple WML blunder. (May be a Lua-generated WML blunder?)
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

I'm not sure why this error is appearing now when it didn't before, but it should be easy to fix in the [unstore_unit] tag implementation by simply checking if the type is empty and doing nothing in that case.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote:I'm not sure why this error is appearing now when it didn't before, but it should be easy to fix in the [unstore_unit] tag implementation by simply checking if the type is empty and doing nothing in that case.
The unit was unstored just fine back in mid-March. But if that makes it easier to debug, I suppose that is progress.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Notice though, that the stack traceback line numbers can be useful. First one especially.

I read it that as: in some event, in [while] (possibly FOREACH then), [unstore_unit] tries to unstore empty variable.

1.12 logged error message for this, but didnt show in chat. Few weeks ago I debugged such error by adding logging near those Lua file lines.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

I see this as WML becoming stricter. That's good.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Hi, I met a crash on 1.13.7-1.13.8.
ASAIK crash happens when [story] contains [part] but any [part] won't be displayed due to conditional.
Following is a minimal example (_main.cfg of a campaign). This ends in segmentation fault on my Linux (debian testing). It does not crash in 1.12.

Code: Select all

[campaign]
  id = segfault
  rank = 999
  name = "segfault"
  define = SEGFAULT
  description = "story/part crash test"
  first_scenario = Segfault
[/campaign]

#ifdef SEGFAULT
  [scenario]
    id = Segfault

[story]
      # comment out everything inside story prevents crash
      [if]
        [variable]
          name = non_exsistent_virual_variable
          equals = true
        [/variable]
        [then]
          [part]
            story = "seg fault"
          [/part]
        [/then]
        ## if uncomment following lines, crash does not happen
        #[else]
        #  [part]
        #    story = "safe"
        #  [/part]
        #[/else]
      [/if]
      ## activating following lines also prevent crash
      #[part]
      #  story = _"prevent crash"
      #[/part]
    [/story]
  [/scenario]
#endif /* SEGFAULT */
In addition to above one, when I use "passable" or "overwrite" in [unit], engine puts warning like "warning unit: Unknown attribute 'passable' discarded.", though it works as expected. I guess "passable" and "overwrite" should be listed in static std::string internalized_attrs[] (anonymous namespace in units/unit.cpp)?
Discord: @tamanegi
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
A Group in a War: my first campaign, An Independence War: and the sequel
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Thanks to all the devs for another awesome release (especially to whoever added the resistances and movement cost tooltips to the recruit/recall list, that's so helpful!!)

Add-on manager:
- What happened to the option to sort add-ons by last updated? That's the sorting I always used and it doesn't seem to be there anymore.
- For me there's a horizontal scrollbar and I have to scroll every time to see the Exit button, which is pretty inconvenient. (My wesnoth resolution is 1280x720.)
- When I updated all add-ons, the Update All button wasn't greyed out and the server still showed I had the older versions. It was only after restarting Wesnoth that the update all button got greyed out.

Other:
- Viewing the Credits just gives me a blank screen.
- I really don't like the new damage calculations window. Maybe it's due to a similar font issue that nuorc had, but the numbers in the charts are difficult to read, compared to the very clear numbers in the 1.12.6 dialogue. I also preferred the way the colored bars looked in 1.12.6.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Inky wrote:What happened to the option to sort add-ons by last updated? That's the sorting I always used and it doesn't seem to be there anymore.
Was it already gone in 1.13.7? I know a few of the columns disappear on smaller resolutions, but other than the buttons column I'm pretty sure that's only really small resolutions (like 800x600).
Inky wrote:For me there's a horizontal scrollbar and I have to scroll every time to see the Exit button, which is pretty inconvenient. (My wesnoth resolution is 1280x720.)
Ugh, I'll have to look into that again. It's hard to avoid entirely since it depends to some extent on the addons listed...
Inky wrote:Viewing the Credits just gives me a blank screen.
Known, jyrkive's fix should be in the next release.
Inky wrote:I also preferred the way the colored bars looked in 1.12.6.
I too prefer the shaded bars. This is harder to do in the new framework, though, so I'm not sure if it'll happen.
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Re: Add-on manager sorting options- There used to be an Options button where you could select the types of addons, whether or not they were installed, and sorting options (downloads, last update etc.) It seems the first two have been converted to dropdown menus but the sorting options aren't there anymore?

And I've noticed that when I click on a column, sometimes it takes 2 clicks before any sorting takes place.

Preferences: When I change an option in one category and then view another category before closing the window (example: toggle the grid in Display, then view Hotkeys), the change doesn't happen.

Tooltip font issue mentioned by nuorc: I have the same issue and it's confusing especially for trait tooltips (like +1 damage) since they aren't color coded. The tooltips in the recruit/recall windows are perfectly clear though, I don't know if there is a way to use these tooltips for the unit info panel also?

Opinion on the Status table: The Human/Computer labels cluttering the team names are pretty useless most of the time - I think they can be removed from the regular status table since they are already viewable in the Scenario Settings tab.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote:I'm not sure why this error is appearing now when it didn't before, but it should be easy to fix in the [unstore_unit] tag implementation by simply checking if the type is empty and doing nothing in that case.
Turns out most of my problems were from the decision to start removing empty tags. The specific problem batted around here was from this condition

Code: Select all

[while]
                [have_unit]
                    search_recall_list=yes
                    [and]
                        [filter_wml]  
                            [variables]
                                on_call=yes
                            [/variables]
                        [/filter_wml]
                    [/and]
                    [and]
                        x,y=recall,recall
                    [/and] 
               [/have_unit]
changing how it evaluates in BfW 1.13.8 compared to what it used to be, as it is now "true" longer than it should be. Maybe it's related to the [variables] tag, I don't have any more time to burn on this to find out though.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

What do you mean by saying it's true longer than it should be? That sounds like a pretty serious bug.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

This code used to work:
Spoiler:
But now the [while] loop keeps going beyond when the last unit is unstored, so there is that lua error (then the [kill] tag kills everyone when the id filter uses a non-existing variable, which doesn't really seem like the greatest behaviour, but that's a discussion for another day).
I've rewritten it in a more sensible way that works. I don't know if it's Wesnoth or the add-on that are to blame for this, a simple test with mainline (HttT first scenario) works just fine:
put in start event:
So, I guess it must have something to do with [filter_wml] or [variables], if it is an error with Wesnoth.
Samonella

Post by Samonella »

1.13.8 looks great! Thanks to the devs for your work!

I notice that unit's terrain defenses and movement costs (in the help encyclopedia) don't display correctly from the map editor; they all list all terrains as 0% defense and impassible. It works fine in other places (in game and from the main menu) though. Not sure if this bug was in earlier 1.13 versions.
The last few months have been nothing but one big, painful reminder that TIMTLTW.

Creator of Armory Mod, The Rising Underworld, and Voyage of a Drake: an RPG
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Inky wrote:Re: Add-on manager sorting options- There used to be an Options button where you could select the types of addons, whether or not they were installed, and sorting options (downloads, last update etc.) It seems the first two have been converted to dropdown menus but the sorting options aren't there anymore?
Those options were for default sorting order when opening the manager. We decided those weren't really worth preserving.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?