CVS Snapshot: Dec 19, 2003 - Source and Windows binary

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dave
Founding Developer

CVS Snapshot: Dec 19, 2003 - Source and Windows binary

Post by Dave »

I have compiled a binary snapshot for Windows: http://www.wesnoth.org/files/win-snapshot-19_dec_04.exe

Note that this is a snapshot of CVS. Little testing has been done on it. It may have problems. Please do not use this version if you are expecting something stable.

Bug reports are appreciated. That's the main reason the snapshot is provided.

Major new feature is a random map generator: if you start a multiplayer game, and choose 'random map', a map will be generated for you. The map generator can be configured by editing the file data/terrain_generator.cfg inside the distribution.

Feedback on the quality of the maps generated, and possible improvements, would be appreciated. Major known problem is that castle placement isn't very good.

There is also a new system of saving games which should make loading games much faster. Testing of saving and loading games and reports on success/failure would be appreciated.

the complete changelog:

Code: Select all

Version 0.6.2:
 * extended tutorial
 * new scenarios for 'The Dark Hordes' campaign:
   * Mages and Elves
 * scenario balancing for 'Dark Hordes' campaign:
   * Brother Against Brother
   * The Skull of Agarash
 * medium difficulty level is used by default when starting new campaign
 * added basic random map generator
 * snapshot saving, faster loading if you skip replay
 * undeads can not be drained anymore
 * updated translations:
   * dutch
 * internationalization: string fixes
 * autotools: checks for png support in sdl_image and ogg support in sdl_mixer
 * application icon and menu entries in KDE and GNOME
 * code refactoring
Last edited by Dave on December 19th, 2003, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miyo

Post by miyo »

gandalf

gnome desktop

Post by gandalf »

Hello.
make install failed on my computer with this message:

/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/share/gnome/apps/Games
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 wesnoth.desktop /usr/share/gnome/apps/Games/wesnoth.desktop
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file `/usr/share/gnome/apps/Games/wesnoth.desktop': Permission denied

I don't want to install it as root. Can you have a look at the configure script? I guess that is what is causing this mess. It should honour --prefix. At least that's what I think.
ziberpunk

Post by ziberpunk »

make tries to install a menu entry in gnome menu if you have installed. In CVS (not in snapshots), a --disable-icons option has been added so it doesn't install icons.
miyo

Post by miyo »

If I give '--prefix=path' I don't want it to install anything outside that path.

- Miyo
Circon

Post by Circon »

It seems fairly stable, though. Storm trident is fixed (at last!), few bugs, and YES, the save games load faster. Very nice.

However, IMHO the "Bay of pearls" now has too few mermen. This means that you almost have to win by killing one leader and resisting until the end of turns.