Wesnoth 1.13.7

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

Re: Wesnoth 1.13.7

Post by The_Gnat »

Thank you! However I will probably not download the master now because the add-on problem is minor. I wonder though: if i did download 1.13.8 would it be compatible to be played with others using 1.13.7?
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Minor versions are usually compatible for that purpose. I don't think it can be guaranteed, but it'll likely work fine.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

The_Gnat wrote:Thank you! However I will probably not download the master now because the add-on problem is minor. I wonder though: if i did download 1.13.8 would it be compatible to be played with others using 1.13.7?
generally those type of changes are rather uncommon among we changes that break mp compabilty we have:
  1. balance changes, like changing unit stats (very rage).
  2. changes in the mp network protocoll (there were quite some of these in 1.13.0 i think)
  3. breaking changes to wml syntax of tags used by the played scenario (this is specially a problam when the new wesnoth version is the hosts and sends scenarios using the new wml syntax to other clients)
the only change since 1.13.7 that currently comes into my mind is a change in how unit checksums are clculated which might give you some false positives OOS erros.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

@ gfgtdf - Thank you for explaining! That is good. :D
Last edited by The_Gnat on May 5th, 2017, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello, i just noticed (and was shocked) to see that the Hurricane Drake and Drake Enforcer cost only 40 gold!!!! I am surprised that i missed them when i was suggesting price changes but they definitely need to be increased. I would suggest changing the Enforcer to 46 (as the drake warden is) and the Hurricane to 44 (similar to the elvish outrider).
Noella

Post by Noella »

Hi guys,

I took a long Wesnoth break until I downloaded the game's newest version just yesterday.
I wanted to take this opportunity to tell the Wesnoth team that I'm baffled how much this game has improved.
First of all, the epic music when opening the game... absolutely love it. (dunno if the soundtrack is new or you just changed up the playlist :doh: )
Also, I am enjoying he new Main Campaign, great job on that one aswell.
The new interface looks modern and high quality, I really like the design.

Thanks for keeping this game alive and putting so much effort in its improvement!

Sincerely,
Noella