Wesnoth 1.13.7

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Re: Wesnoth 1.13.7

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
Samonella

Post by Samonella »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote:I also fixed the facing issue.
I haven't tested it, but it looks good. In previous versions though, it wasn't an error to target a non-adjacent locations. That's not a huge deal because it's possible to work around by using the new-ish [store_relative_direction].
EDIT: Actually, the place I thought I did this was actually an animated [harm_unit], not an [animate_unit]. In that case, idk whether it was an error before.

another EDIT: also, perhaps someone can weigh in on this issue? If I understand it right, messages with lots of options can result in the main message being hidden, when probably it should result in a scroll bar for the options?
The last few months have been nothing but one big, painful reminder that TIMTLTW.

Creator of Armory Mod, The Rising Underworld, and Voyage of a Drake: an RPG
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Samonella wrote:
Celtic_Minstrel wrote:I also fixed the facing issue.
I haven't tested it, but it looks good. In previous versions though, it wasn't an error to target a non-adjacent locations. That's not a huge deal because it's possible to work around by using the new-ish [store_relative_direction].
It's still not an error with [animate_unit], because the implementation of animate_unit uses the same mechanism as [store_relative_direction] to resolve the direction to an adjacent space. It's only an error when using the Lua animations API directly.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Samonella wrote:another EDIT: also, perhaps someone can weigh in on this issue? If I understand it right, messages with lots of options can result in the main message being hidden, when probably it should result in a scroll bar for the options?
I can't reproduce this problem:
Screenshot from 2017-04-12 00-39-45.png
Maybe this is dependent on OS somehow, or on resolution?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

I took another look at the dialog and I realized that actually, the top part of the message had a tiny scrollbar on the right, I just didn't see it because it was so small and almost the same color as the window. (If you want to test how good your vision is, you can try to find the scrollbar in the screenshot I posted :lol: )

I think it would be better if the options got the scrollbar instead. For reference, my OS is Windows 10 and my Wesnoth resolution is 1280x657 when maximized in windowed mode.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Rather than making the options get the scrollbar instead, I think whichever is bigger should get the scrollbar.
Bob_The_Mighty

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

Two little issues I noticed on 1.13.7...

a) When you're transitioning between MP scenarios (or possibly starting a new MP scenario) a sideways scroll bar is created if the leader name + leader unit type is too long.

b) Variables displayed in objectives are not updated. Objectives set in a prestart event can be viewed throughout the game, but the variables seem to be stuck at whatever they were on map start.
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

The add-on manager works certainly works better than in 1.13.6 but after downloading an add-on it trys to reconnect to the addon server and crashes every time.
As you can see i am using windows 8.1
As you can see i am using windows 8.1
Also another minor thing that has been annoying me :P in the multiplayer menu to select 'local game' or 'join official server' sometimes takes two clicks to select. It happens about every six times if you click back and forth between the options. And if it does happen every other option takes two clicks and then it does not happen again for about 6 more clicks :shock: :? Something wierd is going on, maybe a problem with refreshing the buttons?
jyrkive
Inactive Developer

Post by jyrkive »

The_Gnat wrote:The add-on manager works certainly works better than in 1.13.6 but after downloading an add-on it trys to reconnect to the addon server and crashes every time.
I have tested installing add-ons with the add-on manager quite many times and haven't experienced such a crash.

The crash you get might be bug #25504 [Gna.org] that has already been fixed for 1.13.8.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Really? I had not realised 1.13.8 has been released yet.
jyrkive
Inactive Developer

Post by jyrkive »

The_Gnat wrote:Really? I had not realised 1.13.8 has been released yet.
It has not. With "fixed for 1.13.8" I meant that the fix is already in Git master, and will be in 1.13.8 (unless we need to revert it).
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Of course :D okay thank you!
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

you can also use the git master version if you need this fixed.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

I was wondering, what do you do to compile the github master version into an installer?
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

The_Gnat wrote:I was wondering, what do you do to compile the github master version into an installer?
you don't need to create an installer to play wesnoth master, all you need to play latest master (on windows) is:
  1. the game data files, you can get them from github, preverabeley by using git but it also possible to download thme from the github webpage.
  2. the wesnoth executable (wesnoth.exe) you can get it from Jenkins
  3. the library (.dll) files you can copy them from the installed wesnoth 1.13.7 release
Note that the Version of the files form step (1) and step (2) have to match, if you use git in step (1) you can easily use git checkout to check out the data fils that match the version form the excutable form step (2)

EDIT1: the files downloaded from (1) are at most one day old so in 90% of cases it wil be compatible with the data files form latest guthub its still better to use git checkout in order ot make sure the version macthes exactly though to get guaranteed compabilty.

EDIT2: the wesnoth 'installation' you get this way probably won't have any translations you migth want ot copy the translation folder from 1.13.7 release for that.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.