Wesnoth 1.13.6

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gfgtdf
Developer

Re: Wesnoth 1.13.6

Post by gfgtdf »

Note not that clear, the only commit that i currently remmerb that could have effected this is this one: https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/comm ... d1e444b47c but i wasn't that active recently so its quite possible that there were other commits that i didn't notice. I'd be nice if you coudl test before that commit.

EDIT: what you could also try, is to wrap your images/convas etc in a GUI_FORCE_WIDGET_MINIMUM_SIZE (see https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/blob ... l.cfg#L159 ) (i also have a lua version fo that in oene of my addons, see https://github.com/gfgtdf/PYR_No_Preper ... ion.lua#L4)
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

gfgtdf wrote:I'd be nice if you coudl test before that commit.
I'll need to figure out how to do that first. I'm sure it's not difficult, but I don't know the magic words, and compiling takes a long time anyways. Maybe I'll get to it next week.

I thought maybe changing the resolution would help things, but since the line to be drawn is only 500px, and the dialog window is 800px maximum, it doesn't matter.

I looked at src/gui/core/canvas.cpp in GitHub's history, and it wasn't obvious to me there, but I don't know what I'm looking at. I think the time-frame is 30-45 days though, roughly, so there are candidates...

For what it's worth, a different dialog that draws a line seems to work. Not that I ask anyone to debug my add-on for me, but the problem I have is the BfW 1.13 version of Bad Moon Rising at the shop dialogs (buyer or seller), yet the context menu "unit status" dialog works fine.

EDIT: I should also say that the add-on manager still hangs if you click on the "description" button, which seems like a much more critical bug (may be related, maybe not).
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

doofus-01 wrote:
gfgtdf wrote:I'd be nice if you coudl test before that commit.
I'll need to figure out how to do that first. I'm sure it's not difficult, but I don't know the magic words, and compiling takes a long time anyways. Maybe I'll get to it next week.
Hmm, since you said you just ran snapshot bca0a2e i assumed you know how to run a specific snapshot. You do git checkout <commit-id> (here for example 3621a38a2) and then compile wesnoth.
doofus-01 wrote: I think the time-frame is 30-45 days though, roughly, so there are candidates...
You mean that it worked on 1.13.6 and that there were 30-45 days since 1.13.6 release?
doofus-01 wrote: EDIT: I should also say that the add-on manager still hangs if you click on the "description" button, which seems like a much more critical bug (may be related, maybe not).
We intend to replace the addon manager dialog with a gui2 addon manager dialog, so we are quite unmotivated to fix things that get replaces later anyways.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

gfgtdf wrote:
doofus-01 wrote: EDIT: I should also say that the add-on manager still hangs if you click on the "description" button, which seems like a much more critical bug (may be related, maybe not).
We intend to replace the addon manager dialog with a gui2 addon manager dialog, so we are quite unmotivated to fix things that get replaces later anyways.
I'm not sure what the schedule is for when the new add-on manager will be finished, but if it's not going to be before 1.13.7, could it at least be "fixed" so the button doesn't do anything at all? Or maybe just remove the button entirely? I know these are dev releases, but it's still annoying to have to completely close/reopen Wesnoth if I forget and accidentally click the button.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

The new add-on manager is actually being actively worked on now, I think. At least, there have been several commits related to it. So I think it might be possible that it's ready for the next release.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

gfgtdf wrote:You do git checkout <commit-id> (here for example 3621a38a2) and then compile wesnoth.
Thanks.

Now I can say, for me at least, e02df2f works, and 1155cb8 does not.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
jyrkive
Inactive Developer

Post by jyrkive »

doofus-01 wrote:Now I can say, for me at least, e02df2f works, and 1155cb8 does not.
Thanks. It proves that the issue is a regression caused by commit 1155cb8. I'll investigate it next week.
gfgtdf wrote:
Celtic_Minstrel wrote:The new add-on manager is actually being actively worked on now, I think. At least, there have been several commits related to it. So I think it might be possible that it's ready for the next release.
Yeah... when I was doing something unrelated, I clicked the options button (which also hangs Wesnoth) in the add-ons manager and got the hang myself. I figured that I could just as well help eliminate that hang. And because Vultraz is in the process of replacing GUI1 dialogs with GUI2 dialogs, fixing the bug in the old add-on manager would be wasted effort. Thus, I decided to help with the implementation of the GUI2 add-on manager so that we can hopefully replace the buggy GUI1 add-on manager sooner.

Really, whether or not the new add-on manager will be ready for 1.13.7 depends on when 1.13.7 is released. The bar is not that high: the new add-on manager merely needs to reach feature parity with what actually works in the old add-on manager. Thus, stuff like the Options subdialog doesn't need to be implemented yet, since you can't open it in the old add-on manager either because of the hang. :P
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

This is just an idea, but would it be possible to include a new option under the [campaign] tags remove=. When set to 'yes' it uses the given id to find and most importantly remove a campaign.

The reason i ask is because for projects (particularly those which wish to modify the mainline campaigns) this would prove quite useful. For example i would use this tag to remove the mainline Tale of Two Brothers campaign when my Tale of Two Brothers with voice add-on is installed.

Thank you!
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Wmllint prints these warnings related to core on this version:

Code: Select all

usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/terrain.cfg, line 1811: aliasof=Ct,Wwr -> aliasof=Ct,Wstr
/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/terrain.cfg, line 1824: aliasof=Ct,Wwr -> aliasof=Ct,Wstr
/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/terrain.cfg, line 2022: aliasof=Ct, Wwr -> aliasof=Ct, Wstr
/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/terrain.cfg, line 2035: aliasof=Ct, Wwr -> aliasof=Ct, Wstr
wmllint: converting /usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/terrain.cfg
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 22: possible misspelling "TODO" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 79: possible misspelling "TODO" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 87: possible misspelling "TODO" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 94: possible misspelling "Soundsource" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 95: possible misspelling "Soundsources" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 105: possible misspelling "TODO" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 113: possible misspelling "TODO" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 121: possible misspelling "gamefields" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 131: possible misspelling "Playlist" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 132: possible misspelling "playlist" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 132: possible misspelling "addon" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 143: possible misspelling "Playlist" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 143: possible misspelling "playlist." 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 143: possible misspelling "WYSIWYG" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 143: possible misspelling "TODO" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 143: possible misspelling "TODO:" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 186: possible misspelling "map_data" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 186: possible misspelling "map_data" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 186: possible misspelling "[e]" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 213: possible misspelling "Soundsource" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 244: possible misspelling "reusal" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 252: possible misspelling "TODO" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 289: possible misspelling "Howto" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/editor/help.cfg", line 290: possible misspelling "TODO" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/macros/sound-utils.cfg", line 348: possible misspelling "Doldesh" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/macros/sound-utils.cfg", line 384: possible misspelling "Nunc" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/macros/sound-utils.cfg", line 384: possible misspelling "Dimittis" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/macros/sound-utils.cfg", line 402: possible misspelling "Laurelmor" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/macros/sound-utils.cfg", line 408: possible misspelling "Silvan" 
"/usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.13/data/core/units/monsters/Giant_Mudcrawler.cfg", line 18: possible misspelling "golems" 
I know that these are harmless but I remember reading somewhere that core should not do this so I decided to report it.

Also, wmllint for some reason issue this warning:

type_adv_tree needs translation mark
for this code:

[units]
    [hide_help]
        type_adv_tree=Dwarvish Runesmith
    [/hide_help]
[/units]
. I do not think there should be a translation mark (and actually 1.12 version does not complain about it).
jyrkive
Inactive Developer

Post by jyrkive »

jyrkive wrote:
doofus-01 wrote:Now I can say, for me at least, e02df2f works, and 1155cb8 does not.
Thanks. It proves that the issue is a regression caused by commit 1155cb8. I'll investigate it next week.
Fixed: https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/comm ... b77533e3b3

It was a bug in the canvas GUI widget that my change uncovered.
doofus-01 wrote: I thought maybe changing the resolution would help things, but since the line to be drawn is only 500px, and the dialog window is 800px maximum, it doesn't matter.
The issue actually was resolution dependent. Drawing the line failed in your case because it wasn't given enough vertical space. :mrgreen:
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

jyrkive wrote:Fixed: https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/comm ... b77533e3b3

It was a bug in the canvas GUI widget that my change uncovered.
Yes, I can confirm that it is fixed. Thanks.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

The_Gnat wrote:This is just an idea, but would it be possible to include a new option under the [campaign] tags remove=. When set to 'yes' it uses the given id to find and most importantly remove a campaign.

The reason i ask is because for projects (particularly those which wish to modify the mainline campaigns) this would prove quite useful. For example i would use this tag to remove the mainline Tale of Two Brothers campaign when my Tale of Two Brothers with voice add-on is installed.
Frankly, this seems like a bad idea - an addon shouldn't be allowed to interfere with campaigns installed by another addon. Furthermore, making a copy of Tale of Two Brothers solely to add voice acting seems quite wasteful, though I don't exactly have any better ideas. (You could probably manage some setup using [+tag] magic to append the voice info into the existing campaign, but it would be confusing and not very robust.)

I'll admit that your use-case is perhaps a legitimate reason to remove a campaign, though I still think it's a bad idea. I suppose you could try giving it the exact same ID as the built-in campaign (though that's probably as likely to cause problems as it is to magically work), but I think your best bet is to just make sure your modded version is sorted alongside the default version.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote:
The_Gnat wrote:This is just an idea, but would it be possible to include a new option under the [campaign] tags remove=. When set to 'yes' it uses the given id to find and most importantly remove a campaign.

Frankly, this seems like a bad idea - an addon shouldn't be allowed to interfere with campaigns installed by another addon. Furthermore, making a copy of Tale of Two Brothers solely to add voice acting seems quite wasteful, though I don't exactly have any better ideas. (You could probably manage some setup using [+tag] magic to append the voice info into the existing campaign, but it would be confusing and not very robust.)

I'll admit that your use-case is perhaps a legitimate reason to remove a campaign, though I still think it's a bad idea. I suppose you could try giving it the exact same ID as the built-in campaign (though that's probably as likely to cause problems as it is to magically work), but I think your best bet is to just make sure your modded version is sorted alongside the default version.
Thank you for responding. Maybe instead of removing the campaign it could merely hide it from the menu system as to not confuse players. Overall though i agree with you though, it seems like only in few cases would this be useful and therefore it would not be worth the dev's adding this.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello i found anther fatal error in wesnoth 1.13. I would be surprised if it has already not been posted on gna.

Basically if you choose a map that has teams and select 'create game' it takes you to the menu where you select your faction/leader. This menu works fine and you can change the players between the different sides BUT if you change a player to a new side (for example side 4) which does not exist yet (because the players are currently split between side 1 and 2) then it crashes.

Here is an example:
menu.png
If you change a player to a team that does not exist (for example team 3 or 4 in the picture) the follow error occurs in windows 8.1 and the game crashes:
crash.png
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »