Wesnoth 1.13.6

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gfgtdf
Developer

Re: Wesnoth 1.13.6

Post by gfgtdf »

The_Gnat wrote:Hi i noticed that in the multiplayer menu for wesnoth 1.13.6 the villages all appear as grey squares. Is this an error? Maybe the squares could be replaced with a generic village icon.
It's no error, also the squares become the color of the team when they are captured. also they cn be disables in the minimap settings (ingame, below the minimap).
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thanks for responding gfgtdf, also i thought it odd that when you set a player to "empty" in multiplayer he still loads:
The_Gnat wrote: Even when you set a player to "empty" (rather than local, network, or computer) a leader still appears. He does nothing but you can still attack him and he takes up a space. Is this on purpose? I think if you want to have guardian unit, that doesn't move, load that is fine but you shouldn't put "empty" in the description.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Pretty sure that one is a bug.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Whenever I hit 'Description' in the add-ons manager the game stops working. The button turns to the pressed state but no new window opens, in fact nothing happens and I can't get the game to do anything. When I change out of BFW and back in I only have a fragment of the window and can't do anything with it.
Spoiler:
Windows 8.1
I have a cunning plan.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

nuorc wrote:Whenever I hit 'Description' in the add-ons manager the game stops working. The button turns to the pressed state but no new window opens, in fact nothing happens and I can't get the game to do anything. When I change out of BFW and back in I only have a fragment of the window and can't do anything with it.

Windows 8.1
I am also using windows 8.1 (if that has anything to do with it) and have the exact same problem. It doesn't stop me uploading or downloading add-ons, but whenever i press description BFW locks up.
Tad_Carlucci
Inactive Developer

Post by Tad_Carlucci »

Please file a bug report.

Confirming a hang using 1.13.6+dev on Windows 10 and Linux.

Linux console log shows:

20161220 14:52:44 error addons-client: add-on 'Water_Era' has an icon which cannot be found: 'projectiles/merman.png'
20161220 14:52:45 error display: ~BLIT(): image not found: 'hits/blade-3.png'
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Tad_Carlucci wrote:Please file a bug report.

Confirming a hang using 1.13.6+dev on Windows 10 and Linux.

Linux console log shows:

20161220 14:52:44 error addons-client: add-on 'Water_Era' has an icon which cannot be found: 'projectiles/merman.png'
20161220 14:52:45 error display: ~BLIT(): image not found: 'hits/blade-3.png'
Thank you for responding. I am wondering though: in linux do you only get this error when selecting the description for the "Water Era". It seems that this error is specific to the water era's images not loading and so if you select any other era you will get a different error. Does every era have problems loading its images in description?

(also sorry :mrgreen: can't report a bug because i can't get past the antispam test :whistle: )
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Turns out I'm too dumb to create an account on GNA!, so: no.
I have a cunning plan.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

nuorc wrote:
Turns out I'm too dumb to create an account on GNA!, so: no.
Unfortunately i have the same problem. If one of the Dev's would please post this bug report that would be much appreciated. It makes it hard to find add-on's if the add-on description button is not working correctly.

Thank you!

EDIT: So after some searching i have found the answer to the question "What Git command do you use to duplicate a sheep?" the answer is "clone"

I don't understand how this question makes sense... Not that many people know Git code so why don't instead you use a captcha spam protect module.

Thank you
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

1.13.6 Known Issues wrote: The Options and Description windows do not appear when invoked in the Addons Manager (bug #25130).
seems like that bug to me? Happens to me on windows 10 as well, but that's why I didn't report it
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Paulomat4 wrote:"1.13.6 Known Issues"
Shush!
Spoiler:

In COPYING.txt I found a bunch of ♀ symbols between paragraphs; what's up with that?
I have a cunning plan.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

I don't understand how this question makes sense... Not that many people know Git code so why don't instead you use a captcha spam protect module.
these captcha questions are one of the reasons why we want to move away from gna as our butracker.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Tad_Carlucci
Inactive Developer

Post by Tad_Carlucci »

To me, the question shows how long its been since anyone cared enough about GNA to work on it. After 10 or 15 years of inattention, I'd expect there's been a lot of improvements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolly_(sheep)
I forked real life and now I'm getting merge conflicts.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

To chime in, I had trouble with GNA a while back as well. I forget the exact circumstances, but there was some kind of forced account or password reset, and I was never able to regain access to my original account, which is why the GNA account I've been using is "pentarctag0n" rather than "pentarctagon".
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello, i was playing multiplayer and noticed that when i choose "white" the color on the units look orange. When i choose "brown" the units look white, when i choose "black" it looks brown, and when i choose "orange" it looks black :eng:

I am sure this is a bug and don't know if it has already been posted on GNA.

Here is a picture of when i choose "brown" -
color error.png
Hopefully this can be fixed because it is confusing. :roll: NOTE: this problem ONLY happens in the multiplayer menu. Once the game has started it works normally.