Wesnoth 1.13.6

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jyrkive
Inactive Developer

Re: Wesnoth 1.13.6

Post by jyrkive »

Pentarctagon wrote:
gfgtdf wrote:but there was afaik no work on optimizing the dialogs performance, so i it's unliekely that 1.13.7 will fix your problem.
There was this fix though, so perhaps that will help here as well.
gfgtdf: That fix is primarily about dialog performance. 1.13.6 suffers from severe lag on slow PCs because it increased the speed of GUI dialogs from 30 to 50 FPS, which increased the number of draw events.

Thus, DewyB, it's actually likely that 1.13.7 will fix your problem. :)
Samonella

Post by Samonella »

jyrkive wrote:That fix is primarily about dialog performance. 1.13.6 suffers from severe lag on slow PCs because it increased the speed of GUI dialogs from 30 to 50 FPS, which increased the number of draw events.

Thus, DewyB, it's actually likely that 1.13.7 will fix your problem. :)
Does that mean it might speed up the ;inspect gui too? That would be great, I can't stand waiting 60+ seconds to open the events tab.
The last few months have been nothing but one big, painful reminder that TIMTLTW.

Creator of Armory Mod, The Rising Underworld, and Voyage of a Drake: an RPG
jyrkive
Inactive Developer

Post by jyrkive »

Samonella wrote: Does that mean it might speed up the ;inspect gui too? That would be great, I can't stand waiting 60+ seconds to open the events tab.
Yes, speed-up is likely. :)