Wesnoth 1.13.5

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Wesnoth 1.13.5

Post by doofus-01 »

Eagle_11 wrote:Because its not exactly 'units list', its just the fact wesnoth lists any unit belonging to that race under it's 'racename' topic instead putting them first into an 'units' subsection under 'racename'
OK, and how is that not a bug? Just mixing all items in the race tag in a random salad makes sense to you?
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Ofcourse, it makes more sense to rename the 'Units' at help into 'Races' and then do
put the units of that race first into an 'units' subsection under that 'racename'
to elminate the confusion stemming out of the current salad.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Eagle_11 wrote:Another thing i have observed is setting player slot to empty spawns an random leader for the empty side.
I think you can prevent that with no_leader=yes?
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote:
Eagle_11 wrote:Another thing i have observed is setting player slot to empty spawns an random leader for the empty side.
I think you can prevent that with no_leader=yes?
But this happent in a multiplayer map, the 6p - Volcano.
Leaving some slots empty to do an match with lesser than maximum player-count was not an issue in 1.12, so please tell me this is not the new default.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

This soudns like its indeed a bug, please file a new bugreport on the tracker
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

For some unknown odd reason im extremely lazying to register on the bugtracker, so please somebody come by and do so if you wish.
Ferk

Post by Ferk »

nuorc wrote:As the notation is changed anyway, I thought I'd mention that I'm not sure that 'damage x strikes' is the intuitive way; does anyone have an opinion about 'strikes x damage'?
As someone who has suggested changing notation in the past, I don't think changing the order is a good idea, but I do think it would be nice if there was some small asymmetry. Something like adding different emphasis/font to the numbers "2x3", "2x3", "2x3"... or maybe just adding some spacing "2 x3".

This way it would give some significance to one number vs the other and it would be easier to remember which one is the number of strikes and which one the damage.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Eagle_11 wrote:For some unknown odd reason im extremely lazying to register on the bugtracker, so please somebody come by and do so if you wish.
GNA let's bugs be submitted anonymously/without creating an account.
Ferk wrote:
nuorc wrote:As the notation is changed anyway, I thought I'd mention that I'm not sure that 'damage x strikes' is the intuitive way; does anyone have an opinion about 'strikes x damage'?
As someone who has suggested changing notation in the past, I don't think changing the order is a good idea, but I do think it would be nice if there was some small asymmetry. Something like adding different emphasis/font to the numbers "2x3", "2x3", "2x3"... or maybe just adding some spacing "2 x3".

This way it would give some significance to one number vs the other and it would be easier to remember which one is the number of strikes and which one the damage.
Personally, I think adding a space looks best, and would be the least likely for someone to accidentally overlook.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Pentarctagon wrote: GNA let's bugs be submitted anonymously/without creating an account.

Not anymore, it alwys says 'Error not logged in' unless you are logged in, This happens icne about one year now.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

shadowm wrote:
Whiskeyjack wrote:It seems for the Windows installer the "Store userdata (preferences, saved games..) in My Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.12" option doesn´t work as the paths (which I accessed by way of the shiny new button :D ) were specified according to the second option "Store userdata in the install location" (there were no folders generated in the install location though).
Did you, by any chance, run wesnoth.exe directly without any command line switches instead of using the shortcut created by the installer? Because in all versions prior to 1.13.2, that will indeed cause Wesnoth to default to using .\userdata and ignore your choice when installing.
Once upon a time I had this discussion for the Wesnoth 1.12.6 installation. Now I wanted to abuse this the other way around and am now unable to find a way to get my local installation to use .\userdata (the 1.13.5 installer actually didn´t even ask where I want the files to be placed). Same problem as above just reversed? Is there a way to change this manually (couldn´t find the location the paths are specified in)?
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

See 1.13.2 thread for that.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Two things I found in The Battle for Wesnoth version 1.13.5+dev (8c65e49-Clean). Not sure if they are known, or some WIP thing, but I'll mention them just in case.

1. It looks like [advancement] is bugged. For example, if you have two advancements, and one increases melee damage while the other increases ranged damage, when the unit advances, you get the menu and to choose which one, but both seem to get applied and the choice is irrelevant. I couldn't find a mainline example, so maybe syntax has just changed or something.

2. Does filtering on status no longer work? At least for "unplagueable", it no longer seems to. EDIT: Sorry, something else is going on. Never mind this second one.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

doofus-01 wrote:I couldn't find a mainline example, so maybe syntax has just changed or something.
Does this mean that all mainline uses of [advancement] didn't have the problem, or that you couldn't find a mainline use of[advancement]? If the latter, try the leader in UtBS.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote:If the latter, try the leader in UtBS.
Thanks. Somehow, I had failed to grep him. His [advancement]s are a macro-fest, so it's not immediately clear to me why his are working (maybe [variation]s?). But if I paste
these [advancement]s

Code: Select all

[advancement] 
#        strict_amla=yes
        max_times=2
        id=amla_carusoe_sword
        description= _ "Max HP bonus +2, Melee Damage +1, Max Exp penalty 30%"
        image="items/sword.png"   
        [effect]
            apply_to=hitpoints
            increase_total=2  
            heal_full=yes     
        [/effect]
        [effect] 
            apply_to=max_experience
            increase=30%
        [/effect]
        [effect] 
            apply_to=attack
            range=melee
            increase_damage=1
        [/effect]
        [effect] 
            apply_to=status
            remove=poisoned
        [/effect]
        [effect] 
            apply_to=status
            remove=slowed  
        [/effect] 
    [/advancement]
    [advancement] 
        strict_amla=yes
        max_times=2
        id=amla_carusoe_javelin
        image="items/spear-fancy.png"
        description= _ "Max HP bonus +2, Javelin Damage +2, Max Exp penalty 30%"
        [effect]
            apply_to=hitpoints
            increase_total=2  
            heal_full=yes     
        [/effect]
        [effect] 
            apply_to=max_experience
            increase=30%
        [/effect]
        [effect] 
            apply_to=attack
            name=bow   
            increase_damage=2
        [/effect]
        [effect] 
            apply_to=status
            remove=poisoned
        [/effect]
        [effect] 
            apply_to=status
            remove=slowed  
        [/effect]
    [/advancement]
into the Desert_Champion, they don't work. Whatever is wrong with them, they do work in the released BfW 1.13.5. I haven't had time to narrow down by, say, removing the [effect]s one at a time, but I should be able to this weekend.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

This could be related to the change to make unit attacks shared pointers, so that now when a unit is copied (for the preivew pane) the attack type obejcts aren't copied anymore so any attack-relarted effect applied to the preview unit ill alos be applied to the readl unit.