Wesnoth 1.13.5

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Re: Wesnoth 1.13.5

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Commit e654fbbb49119e49b280ee44ac44be2b400d68f9 fixes what gfgtdf just noted, so I'm guessing it'll fix the issue. The reason UtBS worked is probably because it uses unit variations, which causes the unit to be rebuilt.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote:Commit e654fbbb49119e49b280ee44ac44be2b400d68f9 fixes what gfgtdf just noted, so I'm guessing it'll fix the issue.
Yes, it looks like that fixed it.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

The new logo looks like something made out of plastic, that came out of an 3d printer.
The 1.12. logo has this rustic organic looks to it, can we please keep the old logo instead ?
Transfermium

Post by Transfermium »

Eagle_11 wrote:The new logo looks like something made out of plastic, that came out of an 3d printer.
The 1.12. logo has this rustic organic looks to it, can we please keep the old logo instead ?
Agreed.
I have not brought you freedom, I found it here among you.
-Gjergj Kastrioti Skanderbeg
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Huh. I think the new one looks a lot better.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

I´m sorry if this is the wrong place, but I´m not even sure if this counts as a bug and this is not the time for me to start with Gna (I hopefully will if the need arises again).

The problem encountered is the interaction of the undeads submerge ability with mixed terrain. It still works on e.g. bridges (flat) over deep water and makes the unit invisible. This is counterintuitive on almost any level and should be changed IMO.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Sorry, we're not reverting logos.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

vultraz wrote:Sorry, we're not reverting logos.
Ahh, shame.. whatever.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Post by SigurdFireDragon »

I've always liked the new logo. I found the removal of the text from the logo on the load screen a bit jarring at first, but I've gotten used to it.
Co-Author of Winds of Fate
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Erfworld: The comic that lead me to find Wesnoth.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

The new logo does seem more... "industrialized", if that makes any sense. Even disregarding style though, the new logo does look a lot higher quality.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
yuusho

Post by yuusho »

I was wandering if I can have multiple versions of wesnoth or if I have to download the new one and have it override the old one
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

You can many any number of versions of Wesnoth installed - even multiple copies of the same one.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

yuusho wrote:I was wandering if I can have multiple versions of wesnoth or if I have to download the new one and have it override the old one
vultraz wrote:You can many any number of versions of Wesnoth installed - even multiple copies of the same one.
I've seen this question come up many times, but I don't remember the answer as to how to do it.
(I know how to do it when compiling with scons, but most people would probably want to know how to do it with Windows binaries.)
I'm sure the answer is out there, but I think a logical place to explain it would be here: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Download
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

doofus-01 wrote:
yuusho wrote:I was wandering if I can have multiple versions of wesnoth or if I have to download the new one and have it override the old one
vultraz wrote:You can many any number of versions of Wesnoth installed - even multiple copies of the same one.
I've seen this question come up many times, but I don't remember the answer as to how to do it.
(I know how to do it when compiling with scons, but most people would probably want to know how to do it with Windows binaries.)
I'm sure the answer is out there, but I think a logical place to explain it would be here: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Download
Uhm, isn´t this done automatically though? I´m pretty sure Wesnoth autoinstalls as a new 1.xx.y folder for me. All the 1.xx share the same saved games folder (so for example 1.12.1 and 1.12.4 share it as 1.12, but not with 1.11.3) in /documents, but otherwise I see no "problem" for this.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Whiskeyjack wrote:Uhm, isn´t this done automatically though?
Uhm. How would I know? More importantly, how would someone who is nervous about trying know?
Whiskeyjack wrote:I´m pretty sure Wesnoth autoinstalls as a new 1.xx.y folder for me. All the 1.xx share the same saved games folder (so for example 1.12.1 and 1.12.4 share it as 1.12, but not with 1.11.3) in /documents, but otherwise I see no "problem" for this.
That could be a problem (or "problem"). What happens if some new user tries to install 1.12 and 1.13? Something could be said about that on the Download page.