Wesnoth 1.12.6

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Re: Wesnoth 1.12.6

Postby shadowm » July 25th, 2016, 9:53 am

I’m slightly confused. Are you unable to connect to the MP server, or just unable to create games in it? The version of Wesnoth included with Debian jessie is 1.10.7. Is that the version you were using? The release of 1.12.6 has nothing to do with support for 1.10.x on the scarcely-populated official 1.10 server (which will remain online until 1.14.0 is released, but isn’t much fun to play with since everyone moved to 1.12 over a year ago). That is, unless it coincided with some configuration change on your PC or network/ISP that’s preventing you from connecting to the MP server.

All that said, version 1.12.6 is available from jessie-backports (see the instructions on using backports).

(And in the case you were previously using version 1.12.5 and didn’t build it yourself, then how/where did you obtain it for jessie?)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
I also made Wesnoth RCX, a team-color preview tool for artists and content creators.
Elsewhere: shadowmBlogFollow me on Twitter
shadowm
Site Administrator

Postby WTrawi » July 26th, 2016, 1:07 pm

Lets see:
I'm only unable to create games in MP.
The version I was using before is 1.12.5 (it didn't do that problem).
I don't exactly know how 1.12.5 was installed and I'm not a programmer so I can't install it from backports.

But I saw that maybe I can re-install it from Synaptic package manager so I'll try it first.
Mostly active developer of: Secret of Eternal Life
Check out my art here: Daily Paintings of WTrawi

Btw I use SilverMage-HUN as nickname on the official gaming server.
WTrawi

Location: My location is not public, but I know YOURS and I can use it against you.

Postby WTrawi » July 26th, 2016, 1:07 pm

Phewww, 'twas hard to write it in English :D

WTrawi

Location: My location is not public, but I know YOURS and I can use it against you.

Postby WTrawi » August 1st, 2016, 6:53 am

The re-install did not help, but I found the problem now: which add-on contains the village has code ^Vya?

WTrawi

Postby zookeeper » August 1st, 2016, 7:29 am

WTrawi wrote:The re-install did not help, but I found the problem now: which add-on contains the village has code ^Vya?

Looks like World Conquest II (and World Conquest 2).
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Postby Shiki » August 1st, 2016, 9:21 am

WTrawi wrote:... and I'm not a programmer so I can't install it from backports.

You don't need to be. Just follow the instructions which shadowm posted.
Or, with synaptic, maybe you can do that at Settings -> Repositories -> New

WTrawi wrote:I don't exactly know how 1.12.5 was installed

You could end up having 1.12.5 and 1.12.6 installed then. Before installing 1.12.6, this command may help finding it
Code: Select all
whereis wesnoth

Maybe you even have it already from the backports and just need to update your system?
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

There exists a package wesnoth-1.12-server - Is that only required for local MP games?
Maintainer of Era of Myths.
Shiki

Postby WTrawi » August 2nd, 2016, 7:13 pm

I don't know what helped, (i did install and remove WC II) but the problem is now the terrain Gg^Effy, but I don't know why. Is it also in WC II?

Again: I re-installed Wesnoth, but id did not help. :-(

WTrawi

Postby doofus-01 » August 3rd, 2016, 2:20 am

Do you have a ton of add-ons installed? Where exactly, in the MP creation process, do you run into trouble?
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Contributor

Postby WTrawi » August 3rd, 2016, 6:16 am

Let's see:
I have got After the Storm and Invasion from the Unknown (with the music of them) by ShadowMaster.
I have got Bad Moon Rising, Trinity and Archaic Era (with archaic resources and sounds) by you.
I have Royal Rumble, Switch Leader, 2p/3p survival, Scroll Survival (with co-op mod).
And finally I have my campaign in progress called Secret of the Eternal Life.

WTrawi

Postby WTrawi » August 3rd, 2016, 6:17 am

And the crash of the game came when i clicked on "create game".

WTrawi

Postby doofus-01 » August 4th, 2016, 2:13 am

WTrawi wrote:Let's see:
I have got After the Storm and Invasion from the Unknown (with the music of them) by ShadowMaster.
I have got Bad Moon Rising, Trinity and Archaic Era (with archaic resources and sounds) by you.
I have Royal Rumble, Switch Leader, 2p/3p survival, Scroll Survival (with co-op mod).
And finally I have my campaign in progress called Secret of the Eternal Life.
The SP campaigns should be safe, but the MP add-ons might be the source of the trouble, rather than Wesnoth itself. If undefined terrain codes are in some map you have, and Wesnoth tries & fails to load it when you click "create game", that would make sense.

I have very little knowledge about MP, but an easy thing you could try is to move all add-ons to some other folder so Wesnoth can't find them, then try to start a local game. If that works, try a networked game. If that works, start putting the add-ons back, one at a time, until the game fails. Then you know the add-on causing trouble. If it fails without any add-ons, then there really is something wrong and it will be more difficult to troubleshoot.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Contributor

Postby WTrawi » August 4th, 2016, 8:19 am

I moved the multiplayer add-ons to folder wesnoth can't find and nothing happened. It didn't help.

WTrawi

Postby Aldarisvet » August 8th, 2016, 12:03 pm

Any ideas when 1.12.7 would be released?
I am concerned because I want UMC Pack Project to be included on Alessandro Pyra's android port with the next release. Interesed how much time left we have.
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see Zombies:Introduction single map campaign
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains
Aldarisvet
Translator

Postby gfgtdf » August 8th, 2016, 12:12 pm

There are currently no plans for a 1.12.7 release, a 1.12.7 elease wll comne when there are enough important bugfixed to make it worth, as you can see here https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/commits/1.12 there have been only few commits since the 1.12.6 release.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
gfgtdf
Developer

Postby Eagle_11 » September 16th, 2016, 7:33 pm

If the addon folder did not appear simply start an skirmish round then quit, it should get created then. If that too did not function somehow then connect to the addons server, dl any addon, since game needs to place it somewhere will create the folder at it's intended spot.

Playing through HttT at the Ford of Abez level when the sea monsters appeared it produced this line in stderr, the game did not crash or become weird though.
20160916 21:58:00 error ai/actions: Return value of AI ACTION was not checked. This may cause bugs!
Eagle_11
Forum Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Release Announcements, Compiling & Installation