Getting an older add on

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JohnGalt149

Getting an older add on

Post by JohnGalt149 »

I am having a couple of issues at the moment. I originally got into Wesnoth a long time ago via the add on The High Seas by Bob_The_Almighty. I recently got back into the game and am trying to obtain the mp map. The add on is for an older version and I found a place to download it online as an BZ2 file (not sure what that is anyway). I can get a tar file out of it and then a folder out of that. I cannot figure out how to put the map into my game though. In other words I do not know where to put the folder and I think the versions might not match up anyway. Also I cannot connect the the add on server as it stands probably because I have an older version.
Any help I can get would be appreciated!
Dugi

Re: Getting an older add on

Post by Dugi »

You need to put it into your userdata/data/add-ons/ folder. The userdata folder can be hard to find, its name and location depends on your operating system.

You can learn where it is using the map editor. Open it and try to save the map you start with. It will allow you to navigate through folders, if you leave the current folder several times, you will eventually get into the userdata folder and then into the folders containing it.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Getting an older add on

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Hmm, The High Seas concept was used to create The Altaz Mariners, which is significantly better. You can give that one a try.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium