Wesnoth 1.13.0

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Wesnoth 1.13.0

Post by Konrad2 »

why is it then a picture for version 1.13 when AtS has not been updated to 1.13 yet ._.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Because it's a scenario that shows off the new item images.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

vultraz wrote:
Northern Rebirth
“Elvish Princess”
the primary objective is letting the turns run out, the secondary objective is to free the princess and there are no losing conditions(I am pretty sure that there should be only one winning condition – rescuing the princess – and “Turns run out” should be the losing condition)
as evidence for this being wrong, when turns run out an orc says something about me trying to free the princess and Tallin says that they were to late → and then I won the scenario ._.
Fixed. It's deliberate that you can advance even if turns run out, though.
does that mean you would just not receive help from the elves then?
I dont think the campaign would be beatable then

I forgot to suggest to make Krash one of the needed units before he becomes the leader of the drakes -> when you let him die before "Stolen Gold" you will not know what you lost and the scenarios will become unbeatable (when i first played this campaign some years ago, Krash died in "The Pursuit" and then i began in "Stolen Gold" to wonder who that empty side is, even though I managed to win the scenario, I didnt have ANY chance to beat the next one (only managed to survive till the turns run out))

even if you dont give him him a silver crown icon, at least tell the player that it will be extremely hard to win without Krash

EDIT: no new reports yet, cuz im stuck in "The Estern Flank"
its not actually "hard", but its tedious to play, especially because you have to face <250 enemy units with about 50-60 units at your own disposal -> only possible because of the advantegous terrain and i do think that thos scenario is harder then the final scenario
my conclusion is, its not hard, but its crazy
Kraus

Post by Kraus »

In Liberty's Unlawful Orders (scen 4 I think) the opposing army is supposed to turn into undead at dusk. However the game starts at dusk, and they start their transformation at dawn. Playing at the hardest difficulty.

Oh, and in the 3rd scenario (against orcs and saurians) the ally leader had a male sprite for first half of the scenario, and then magically switched to her female sprite at the start of a turn.

Krausedit\\ Liberty's scenario Hide and Seek's static daytime is messed up as well - the graphics show daylight and a bright hue, but the interface shows its static night.
"Oh, to the hades with the manners - he's a complete [censored], and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De'Arnise
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Kraus wrote:In Liberty's Unlawful Orders (scen 4 I think) the opposing army is supposed to turn into undead at dusk. However the game starts at dusk, and they start their transformation at dawn. Playing at the hardest difficulty.
noticed that bug too, but forgot to report it
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Kraus wrote:In Liberty's Unlawful Orders (scen 4 I think) the opposing army is supposed to turn into undead at dusk. However the game starts at dusk, and they start their transformation at dawn. Playing at the hardest difficulty.
I believe this is caused by bug #23462 [Gna.org].
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Wesnoth Turtorial
General: strangely the (unintended) 70% XP modifier hasn't been introduced here (that's not a complain, I'm just mentioning it)

“Part II”
both sides get no income from village

the warning about placing units into shallow water is also being triggered, when you place a unit on a Ford (Flat, Shallow Water) hex

the message about how many dmg the enemy leader can do is only triggered when I cross the river by using the bridge, but not when I cross by using the ford

every time a unit attacks the enemy leader when he is low life Galdrad reminds me that I should chose wisely the unit dealing the killing blow
I do think that saying that once should be enough

PS: if anyone wonders why I played the tutorial, well I was sick of butchering orcs en masse

EDIT:
Northern Rebirth

“Eastern Flank”
way to hard, only made it by cheating me some luck on my second try in the last 5 turns
BUT that was probably because of the missing finish bonus in “Stolen Gold”
→ the units I could have recruited/recalled from that gold would have been enough I think

maybe I just played it wrong, please look at my replay and tell me what I did wrong

“Get the Gold”
no early finish bonus
no recovered gold (I start the next scenario with the retained gold/standard starting gold, instead of the recovered amount of gold)
the scenario has more scenarios then required → as many sides as the last scenario has

“Showdown”
Without any gold its hopeless (initial 1900 gold versus 12500). That is all I have to say.

EDIT 2:
im taking my statement regarding the situation in "Showdown" back. Immortal White Mages are overpowered. Will post a replay when the scenario is over.

Btw, the aggro of the enemy ai is to hard on Tallins army

EDIT 3:
replay uploaded

Northern Rebirth
“Epilogue”
the map is different from the fortress in “Showdown”

wrong word
“If a chieftain refused to co-operate with the Alliance, he was forcibly removed from his post and another more favourably disposed put in his place.”
maybe it should be “... favourably then the disposed put in...”
or “... favourably candidate/orc put in...”

Eastern Invasion
“Captured”
scenario results into an instant loss (maybe because there are no units on side 1)

“Mal-Ravanal`s Capital”
position of a guard is messed up → prisoner at 34,1 and his guard at 37,11

EDIT 4:

Descent into Darkness
“Return to Parthyn”
no advisor has been created to speak with → crippled dialogue
after Drogan has been killed Malin speaks twice (I have the feeling that someone should say something in between, though there is nothing like that in the code)

when I complete the bonus objective I win the scenario

“A small Favour 3 “
there is no way to know that you lose when Darken Volk leaves first (when he grabbed the book)

“Alone at Last”

the already by [name] mentioned bug that Darken Volk goes into a village and stays happens to me too

“Descent into Darkness”

“Endless night”
There is an early finish bonus. But there is no turn limit.

The Hammer of Thursagen
There is no masked version of Dwarvish Ulfserkers

“Invaders”
Dwarf unit has been recalled at the beginning at scenario, but no dialogue occurs with it

“Fear”
Why do I get a White Mage instead of a Mage with lots of XP? (it was like that in 1.12.2)
After slaying the leader of the Masked Dwarves Aiglondur says “They are defeated”
The dot is missing

could you let Ollin join my party?

“Forbidden Forest”
The woses are fighting with the elves (the elves are in the team “Elves” and the woses in the team “Forest”, btw the woses win the fight)

“The court of Karrag”
Karrag doesn't take his mask off (they talk about how horrible he looks without his mask, but you don't see any change in his sprite or portrait)
Attachments
NR-Showdown_replay.gz
nerf that mages
(212.93 KiB) Downloaded 614 times
NR-The_Eastern_Flank_replay.gz
Eastern Flank
(287.04 KiB) Downloaded 595 times
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

On the wiki,
the download link for the SHA256 file is incorrect
and i was unable to fix it using my wiki edit login because it is included by some kind of macro:

Code: Select all

{{DevDownload}} 
However the link is correct in the forum announcement so maybe nobody else noticed.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Fixed.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The Hammer of Thursagen
“The Court of Karrag”
Karrag doesn't move or attack

“The Underlevels”
it says that I cant recruit mages any longer (and no, I didn't lose my first mage)

the green masked dwarf doesn't get gold

both orange and brown undead leader get gold when I break the first door/use a rune for teleport → I think only the brown leader should get gold and the orange leader should get gold when I break the second door

Liberty/HttT
in regard of Elensefar being conquered by Asheviere while Lord Maddocks son was at Halstead, what happened with him (Sir Gwydion, Lord Maddocks son)

Heir to the Throne / Turtorial
in HttT Galdrad is an Elvish Champion, while in the Turtorial he is an Elvish Captain

Heir to the Throne
“Isle of the Damned”
When I step with the White Mage on the southernmost temple the Undead appear and say: “Surprise! Searching for magi, and all I get is these foul humans.”, even though they “found” the magi they searched for

After winning the scenario I don't gain 180 gold, instead my gold is being replaced with 180 gold

“The Siege of Elensefar”
When Delfador explains what the Sceptre of Fire is his image changes for this speech

“Northern Winter”
Kalenz answers in the beginning dialogue 'Stop and rest? My lord, we must go hard after the Sceptre of Fire, iest it fall into the hands of our enemies!'

At the end it said that they went on after some days because Delfador said that they have to go. But actually Delfador was for resting there and Kalenz was the one to push on with the quest

“The Lost General”
loyal Revenant spawns on 21,27 (cave wall) when you see Lionel

“The Sceptre of Fire”
there is a green orc side without leader and units, so why does this side exist?

Legend of Wesmere
“The Uprooting”
there is not one orcish leader stand on his keep, maybe thats intended, but im reporting it in case that it is not