[1.12] Compiling on VS 2013

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DvD

[1.12] Compiling on VS 2013

Post by DvD »

I cloned the Wesnoth git repo and followed the instructions listed here.

Compiler and linker, though, complain:

Error 37 error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_locale-vc120-mt-1_55.lib' ...wesnoth_root\projectfiles\VCx\LINK wesnothd
Error 45 error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\src\scripting\lua_game_launcher.cpp': No such file or directory ...wesnoth_root\projectfiles\VCx\c1xx wesnoth

I couldn't find these files anywhere. What's going on?
iceiceice

Re: [1.12] Compiling on VS 2013

Post by iceiceice »

Notice at the bottom:
Last check for compiling this way at commit c8699e2f05 (Wesnoth 1.13+dev) - May 29 2014.
Most likely the VC project files need to be updated.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

You can try the newest MSVC package from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... e%20Stuff/
because the one you linked probably no longer works.

You could set your checkout a little back in time, to just the beginning of December:
git checkout 23ca125d4eb28192dab7951003faf6b7ba891d84
(my last commit - the project file must have been up to date).

Or look up all of the file addings/removals/renamings/movings in src/SConscript or src/CMakeLists.txt that happened since the last update to the VC project file with a git log viewer, restricted to that file, and update it yourself. The error you posted is only a source file that got removed since it last happened and MSVC chokes if it's still listed in the project file.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
aquileia
Inactive Developer

Post by aquileia »

Hi anonymissimus,

the externalVC12 on GitHub (which is linked in the article) is newer than the one on sourceforge - because I didn't want to annoy someone with access to the SF files, I created that repo.

You're absolutely right with the project file no longer being up to date, though. I really should have done a little maintenance... sorry for being absent.

Edit:
I stand corrected, I didn't see that second VC9 archive in SF as it had a new name. Nonetheless, for VS2013 you'll need the VC12 version.

DvD: Both the project file as well as the dependency package are up to date now, you just need the newest version.
DvD

Post by DvD »

aquileia wrote:DvD: Both the project file as well as the dependency package are up to date now, you just need the newest version.
Compilation successful indeed. Thank you.