Wesnoth 1.12.0

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

amethyst_igor

Re: Wesnoth 1.12.0

Post by amethyst_igor »

Dindoz wrote:Thanks you.
I cant wait to test the news "content creator" feature but infortunatly rhonda havent made the 1.12 ubuntu trusty package and the last time I tried to compil it...
well I had to reformat my computer after a whole night battle with gcc :whistle:

So pleaseif someone is generous in this new year I would be extremely grateful !

I really expected the 1.12 with the new fonctional editor.
I hope there are Linux versions, because Wesnoth is about the best game there is for Linux. Many a night at work, I played Wesnoth on my old $95 2 gigabyte Thinkpad R61, often on the global network. It helped the nights go by rather quickly. I have tried to spread the word about Wesnoth in other forums that I participate in.

To the above two people complaining about Chrome's virus warning. Have not observed any sort of virus warning installing Wesnoth on Windows 8.1. Try upgrading from Chrome to Firefox. ;) I don't know why people want to use Chrome when Firefox is so good and has so many useful add-ons.

I'm really pleased that Wesnoth has a new major release. I can't tell you the number of times I visited this site wondering when the next would be available. Also I tried many times to compile the beta versions on Linux, but no luck. It's slooow also on an ancient machine with 2 gigabytes of RAM. Hopefully, Ubuntu and all the rest will be offering 1.12 through the repositories.
My desktop runs 64-bit Linux Mint Nadia KDE, my htpc runs 64-bit Linux Mint Nadia Xfce, my answering machine runs 64-bit windows 7, and my laptop runs 64-bit Linux Mint Nadia KDE. Each seems suited to its purpose. My blog is techlore by igor